http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43271554/ns/weather/
http://www.westport-news.com/news/article/Nebraska-Iowa-prepare-for-Missouri-River-flooding-1403144.php

not really sure how to post a link(im pretty new) but im sure you can copy and paste.

i live about a half hour from the dakota dunes and it is supposed to get pretty bad. i have to go help my friend make sandbags around his house today(although i think we should have done it sooner) and the river is supposed to flood right into downtown South Sioux City (which is about 15 minutes closer to where i live than the Dunes)

already there has been some pretty bad damage and i saw a camper halfway underwater yesterday lol

lots of people have moved out of their houses and even FEMA has been scrambled to the area to help out.

personally i think thats what they get for trying to "tame nature" with dams and re-routing the river and the like. I am native american and i live on the Winnebago Indian reservation and though its a little racist i cant help but think "thats what those white dudes get for trying to run shit beyond its capacity.

thoughts?

I wish we had bloods in my area. Not massive raging floods, but floods that cover fields but don't go far enough to go into homes

yeah supposedly it is going to flow right through a high traffic area. Wal-mart, KFC, Burger King, lots of buisnesses are going to be underwater.(supposedly, though im not sure if it will really get that bad.)

Edit:cool the link works....
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Last edited by Harvey Swick at Jun 4, 2011,
Fascinating.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I wish we had floods in my area. Not massive raging floods, but floods that cover fields but don't go far enough to go into homes.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Jun 4, 2011,
What they should do is try to get a new amp.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by sglover34479
And then run if that amp gets a grenade thrown at it >_>

Nah, they should run over to it and try to throw it so they can call themselves heroes when they lose a limb.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Nah, they should run over to it and try to throw it so they can call themselves heroes when they lose a limb.

agreed. thats very brave and we would appreciate the self sacrifice. i have to hand it to you on that one.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

That's only if they are brave and selfless enough to risk it for the sake of other's well-being.
Farther downstream, the city of Omaha said it would dump up to 6 million gallons a day of raw sewage into the river because flooding was overwhelming a treatment plant offline.

i thought this was the worst part. glad i live upstream from Omaha. i feel bad for anybody living further south.

poor fish....

I live in sioux city, but I'm pretty far from the river. Sucks for everyone whose losing their homes.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Meh, I'll just find a different way to be a hero. That method costs an arm and a leg.