I just sold my truck and so I'm not completely broke anymore I've been wanting to upgrade my gear for a while, and I have a rough idea of what I want, I just would like suggestions from people who are familiar with the things I am looking at. The two next purchases I wanna make are an amp and a noisegate. The amp I've been looking at is the Vox AC30C2. However there is a used Marshal JCM800 near me, but it's the 2x12 combo and it's $900. Is that an acceptable deal? I hear lots of great things, but it also seems that amp is kind of a one-trick amp so I'm not sure I want to spend that much since I could get the Vox brand new for just a little more. Second, the noisegate. I was planning on the ISP Decimator cuz of all the praise it gets here but I've also heard good things about the MXR Smartgate. A third option is the Rocktron Hush C or whatever it's called lol it's twice the price, but I have a friend who owns one and swears by it so is it a big enough difference for the price?

I play in a punk rock, but I like playing rock, blues, and some metal on my own, that's why I'm not completely sold on the Marshall.

I really don't have an exact budget, but id like to not spend much more that $1000 on the amp, and try to keep it around $100-$150 for the noisegate.

Closest city is Salt Lake City, Utah

I currently play a MIM Fender Strat through a Fender Frontman 212 (so almost anything is better) I also have a Korg Pitchblack tuner, a Zvex Distortron, Digitech Digidelay, a cheap off-brand chorus, and a Digitech Bad Monkey.

Let me know what you guys think, I kinda want an analog delay and a new chorus as well so suggestions for those are welcome but not immediately needed.

Thanks!
GEAR:
Fender MIM Strat (all black everthing!)
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

Power Chords and Downstrums