Wondering if anyone could help, my guitar keeps cutting out, it gradually gets quieter and quieter, its not cutting out straight away but it eventually will after playing it like 30 minutes. I have EMG active pickups and wondering if this could be the battery? I thought it would just not work full-stop if the battery was low, I just find it strange how it will be working fine then gradually get quieter. I've removed all pedals and tried playing it straight through my amp, unfortunately I do not have another guitar to test on the amp. Is this the usual sign of a low battery on pickups?
If you have active pickups in your guitar i'm almost certain it's because of that, just swap out the battery for a new one and you'll be ready to go! how long have you had this one in for now?
wut.
Quote by rami80
Are you using rechargeable batteries?

Tbh I havent a clue what batterys are in there, I bought it 2 years a go and havent had to change them since, I dont like the idea of having to remove all my strings to remove the pickups, I have a Ibanez RG350EX which is a Floyd Rod and when I re-string it I do it one string at a time so not to **** up the intonation or anything, I want to make sure it is the batterys before I go messing with it. I guess it's a stupid question because it could be one of many things I guess.
this is why i am going for a guitar that you can put the batteries through the back.. so i dont have to re-string every time i swap batteries. best advice i can give you is bring it to your local guitar shop and have them put new 9v batteries in and re-string/set-up so the inotation doesnt screw up and you will have new batteries.. may be expensive though, but if you have knowledge of floyds/Edge trems i'd say ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Current Playing Gear:
Johnson DeQ 2 Distortion Pedal
Peavey ValveKing 1x12 50W Tube Combo
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
Aren't your batteries at the back of the guitar? I have an Ibanez RGT6EX,that has the batteries at the back.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
Quote by simba1312
Aren't your batteries at the back of the guitar? I have an Ibanez RGT6EX,that has the batteries at the back.

Tbh I havent a clue, never looked, thats the first place I will look, all I know is the guitar came initially with INF pickups, the guy I got it from had the EMGs installed and I just assumed the batterys were placed in some cavity under the pickups themselves. I will check. Thanks for replies guys, going to assume it is the pickups then.
Quote by codymrc
this is why i am going for a guitar that you can put the batteries through the back.. so i dont have to re-string every time i swap batteries. best advice i can give you is bring it to your local guitar shop and have them put new 9v batteries in and re-string/set-up so the inotation doesnt screw up and you will have new batteries.. may be expensive though, but if you have knowledge of floyds/Edge trems i'd say ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I wont attempt removing them all myself, no way, I dont trust myself haha I can deal with re-stringing one at a time but knowing me I will screw up the balance on the floyd rose if I remove them all.
Quote by Thamoomin81
I wont attempt removing them all myself, no way, I dont trust myself haha I can deal with re-stringing one at a time but knowing me I will screw up the balance on the floyd rose if I remove them all.

well, with that being said i would bring it to a guitar shop.. floyd rose licensed and floyds themselves require a pretty thorough set-up job if you are removing strings.. it is really not for people who don't have experience in setting-up floyds for a living. best of luck with it though man.
Current Playing Gear:
Johnson DeQ 2 Distortion Pedal
Peavey ValveKing 1x12 50W Tube Combo
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Are you sure they are the active EMG's? Because if they are more than likely it's your battery. If they say EMG-HZ on the pups they are passive and do not take batteries, meaning your amp could be the problem. The only reason I am pointing this out is I've had amps that slowly faded to no volume after 15 to 30 minutes of playing. The Actives and the passives look the same but the actives will only say EMG or EMG X on the fronts while the passives say EMG-HZ.

Yep definately active EMGs and just checked the batterys are not in the back mehhhh
Don't be such a baby. Floyds are easy. Take a 9v batt and wrap it in electrical tape. Place it under the trem (where the fine tune screws are) and there ya go, your trem will stay completely still and you can take off all the strings and put new ones on and tune them relatively close to what it was before, needing only minor adjustments after you unblock the trem. Go to youtube and watch a vid or two.

When I bought my first trem guitar, the first thing I did was learn how to take care of the trem. Its not hard at all, I don't understand why people have issues. It's first grade knowledge of how to turn screws and a little patience....Thats it.

If you can't take care of your own guitar, you shouldnt play it. It's like as if an Olympic runner couldn't tie his own shoes.
i play drums and guitar :
Problem solved, the battery cavity was under the scratchplate lucky enough, changed battery and is working perfectly now. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Bluehawk, I know what you are saying and I agree, its not a case of me not wanting to look after it, its more that I'm worried of totally ****ing it up, believe me I have seen people screw up their guitars quite easily esp. floyd roses. It's not like I dont know how to re-string, I do, I just dont want to take all the strings off at the same time.