Hey all, I have a used epiphone les paul here. It looks beautiful only problem is there's rust on the pickups. I wanted to get some better pickups and i dont mind electrical work.

I was wondering what some good pickups are that are currently out and that are really versatile. I like alot of music ranging from all forms of rock to some forms of metal (Bullet for my Vallentine). Ideally i'd like to keep the price below one hundred but looking around i dont see too much for more than that. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
sorry forgot to put that one of the pickups has little to none the other ones the one im worried about so less than 100 for one
where are you located?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Rust doesn't affect the functionality of a pickup in any way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah it is a little more of an aesthetic thing but i would like to try another pickup out for tonal reasons. I am in Pennsylvania
You can get a GFS set pretty comfortably. Try a Vintage 59 in the neck and a Crunchy Pat in the bridge.

EDIT: A Fat Pat in the neck might be a little more balanced actually. Might be too much of a contrast between the Crunchy Pat and the 59. But maybe not. Whichever you like the description more of I guess.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 4, 2011,
I would suggest either the EMG 81 bridge 85 neck or Gibson Dirty Fingers bridge and Gibson 57 Classic neck. Hope that helps.