I want to know how to tune to drop C on bass, i have looked at a lot of pages on the internet telling me what to tune the strings to, i have tried and something just doesn't sound right, the thickest string is a lot heavier.

So I thought I'd look on a different website, it told me a completely different tuning!

It might just be me being a bit stupid and not understanding, but if anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.

Also, say i wanted to play a song that was in standard tuning whilst im in drop c, would i just play the notes normally or push them higher up the fretboard?
CGCF - low to high
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
^ This.

Also, it might be that your lowest string is too loose and is going out of tune causing it to sound like a B. C has a tendency of doing that.
pinga
Drop C is CGCF. You will need thicker strings, something like a 115 for the low C.

If you play a song tuned in standard you will have to play notes 2 frets up, and 4 frets up for the lowest string.
Quote by Poglia
Drop C is CGCF. You will need thicker strings, something like a 115 for the low C.

If you play a song tuned in standard you will have to play notes 2 frets up, and 4 frets up for the lowest string.

Cheers man! since i have a 5 string, i should just use the bottom string as C and do the rest?
so like :

?|----
F|----
C|----
G|----
C|----
You could do GCGCF or CGCFA. Depends if you want a really low G string or a high A string.
pinga