Hey this is a bit of a weird question, but I was wondering if I could connect my 1x12 combo's controls, using it as a head as such, and using a friend's cab to connect up? Ive seen Billy Lunn of the subways do that, so would it work? Assuming the impedances match up, of course.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
as long as the amp has the proper out for a cab then no problem. if not it gets more complicated, can be done but it would be a pain .
as said, it works fine. go for it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by monwobobbo
as long as the amp has the proper out for a cab then no problem. if not it gets more complicated, can be done but it would be a pain .

Do you mean the 8/16 ohm jacks? And can you run the combo speaker alongside?
Quote by Cracked.com
Also, I've read that you have to use speaker cable when connecting a head to a cab. Does this apply to combos and would it make a difference if I used regular cables? Thanks.
Quote by Cracked.com
I'm pretty sure you'd need speaker cables even with a combo. since, basically all a combo is is a head and cab put together. I'm no expert on low wattage amps and stuff like that though.
*insert witty statement here*
Quote by metalhead352
I'm pretty sure you'd need speaker cables even with a combo. since, basically all a combo is is a head and cab put together. I'm no expert on low wattage amps and stuff like that though.

But could I still use a normal guitar cable for that?
Quote by Cracked.com
Quote by dtmaiden

No, never.
Never ever use an instrument cable for speakers.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by dtmaiden

He just said youd need a proper speaker cable, so why ask again?

I also know for myself that you need a proper speaker cable, not just an instrument cable. An instrument cable can melt when used in between a head and a cab. Its not meant for strong currents such as the head is outputting.
Quote by fc89konkari
He just said youd need a proper speaker cable, so why ask again?

I also know for myself that you need a proper speaker cable, not just an instrument cable. An instrument cable can melt when used in between a head and a cab. Its not meant for strong currents such as the head is outputting.

Ah right. Makes things much clearer.
Thanks guys,
Quote by Cracked.com