I have been playing for a few years now, and I think it is long overdue for an upgrade from combo amps. I have heard lots of great things about Orange Amps. I was especially drawn to them because they have the Celestion speakers. What are some thoughts on Orange from experienced users? Are they worth it? What would be the best Orange Head and Cabinet?
Budget?
Location?
Genre?
Gigging?
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
I can probably work within $1,000-$1,500. I will probably be doing some gigs around town (bars, house parties, etc.). I play anything, but mostly Hard Rock, Metal, Alt-Metal.
Last edited by danterra13 at Jun 4, 2011,
Look at the Thunderverb, though I doubt you'd be able to swing one in that price range. You might be able to if you go used.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
What kind of music do you play?
Do you play in a band/gig?
What kind of tones are you after?
Budget?
Used/New?

Also, lots of combos and cabs have Celestions and there is no "best" Orange amp, you have to find a model that you like.

EDIT: Damn I was too slow.
If you're not doing any massive gigs, you could get the orange th30, I'm getting the combo version, and when I tried it, it was the sex
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by danterra13
I can probably work within $1,000-$1,500. I will probably be doing to gigs around town (bars, house parties, etc.). I play anything, but mostly Hard Rock, Metal, Alt-Metal.

Mesa roadkings in your budget used it would cover anything and more.
Mesa mark iv or v
Orange rockerverb
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I haven't really looked into Mesa gear. I've heard good things, but I don't know a lot about them. Are they as good, or better, than Orange?
I think you should get a 5150, 6505 or another one from that line. All of them are great sounding heads and well worth the money.
orange are a tad overpriced in the US tbh i love my rocker though and with an OD and EQ can cover a lot of genres the th30 is supposed to be pretty similar too also despite being 30 watts can do large gigs ive played 600 people venues with mine with the volume on 3
clean headroom maybe an issue though
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Quote by warhorsegibson
I think you should get a 5150, 6505 or another one from that line. All of them are great sounding heads and well worth the money.

He can get amps wayyyy better than those with that much $$$s.

TS: Seriously go check out Mesa's. They're worth it, I'm sure that would be all you need.