So, I've been looking for one of these for ages after seeing Izzy Stradlin playing one on the Guns 'N Roses video to Sweet Child 'O Mine. However, the only downside of buying one is that it's got a floyd rose, which I really can't be assed with. And it's got EMG's, which I also don't want. So, I thought it'd be best just to make one. My Dad is an expert carpenter and has been doing it for maybe 35 years now. So he's gunna help me.

What do I need to find out to build this?

you need to find the wood you like...... and a router.......and some saws......and some paint........... and some hardware........and some wires........and some pickups...... and thats the basics of a guitar. Pretty simple
Quote by LZRocker
you need to find the wood you like...... and a router.......and some saws......and some paint........... and some hardware........and some wires........and some pickups...... and thats the basics of a guitar. Pretty simple

fail troll is fail.
gtfo if youre going to troll.
I understand what parts and components I need, but I mean dimensions and stuff? I want it to be made of mahogany, both the neck and body. I would like a rosewood fret board, seymour duncan's alnico pro II's or Gibson 57 Classics, I'll find the tuners whenever. So I'm planning on buying the neck ready made. Do I just get that, make the guitar's body and shove them together? I want it a glued in neck preferably.
@Wisthekiller, thank you my man

@Larson8er, **** you, that is not trolling

And on this actual thread....

you can find a tele template someplace I'm sure, pretty basic, or you could design it totally by yourself, that would be cool.
if youre worrying about the carved top, I'd just free hand that, (or free sander that, whatever). It may seem scary but its not that hard, just takes some time, resources, and a little artsiness
Awesome. Thanks very much. I was just wondering, how is the binding done?

EDIT: Thanks for the link, but there's not a tele in there with humbuckers. Know where I can get one?
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Jun 4, 2011,
Basically run a router around the edge of the body/fretboard, put some wood glue on there, slip the binding on, deal with the extra glue, and viola, a beautifully binded guitar with some trash can punch!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Awesome. Thanks very much. I was just wondering, how is the binding done?

EDIT: Thanks for the link, but there's not a tele in there with humbuckers. Know where I can get one?

just route out a 'bucker cavity dude......
find a template with the shape for a bucker, cut it out and stick it where you want it :p
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb