Anyone in here from pennsylvania have there license? If so, could you give me some tips and what they test you on? I'm taking my license test in a month so any help is appreciated.
Stay Gold
They test you on how to share the road with Amish people.

That's it. And it shows.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
pretty standard for any drivers test.

unless youre taking your test in philadelphia. then its mandatory for you to throw atleast 2 items of trash out of your car window and flip off atleast 3 people during the test. otherwise its an auto-fail.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

unless youre taking your test in philadelphia. then its mandatory for you to throw atleast 2 items of trash out of your car window and flip off atleast 3 people during the test. otherwise its an auto-fail.

I'm assuming it's fairly standard. Don't hit anyone else, drive safely, be able to parallel park, etc.
You can only adjust the car six times after pulling into the spot for parallel parking. That's the one that burned me the first time.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Remember, don't ask the scorer to hold your beer, use the cup holder.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
USA driving licence 'tests' are worthless!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Out of interest... seeing as I'm learning to drive now, what is it like getting a licence in US?

In Britain we have to do a theory exam, then a test to see our hazard perception, then we have the practical test after 20-30 hours of driving lessons.

What's it like in the states?
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

for real tho,,,unless you are retraded, sorry for the word hippies. You will pass. People testing with me had near collisions on the highway and hit curbs. They all passed. BTW im in Chicago and isn't dumbest of the dumb americans in the Philly...haha...really love the show tho (its always sunny).
Quote by unnamedplayer
USA driving licence 'tests' are worthless!

^This.

Its literally: "Can you stop the car? Can you back up in a straight line? Can you park? Can you make it around the block without hitting anything? OK, here's your license."
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

Not as bad as Massachusetts drivers, probably
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCafvIbq4Q
That's the toned down version of most drivers
██████████████████████████████
Quote by vitchb
Out of interest... seeing as I'm learning to drive now, what is it like getting a licence in US?

In Britain we have to do a theory exam, then a test to see our hazard perception, then we have the practical test after 20-30 hours of driving lessons.

What's it like in the states?

Its similar here. We have to take a test to get our "permit" before we start driving. The test for that is a joke itself. Than you have to wait 6 months before you're eligible to take your driving test.
Stay Gold
I think all driving tests should be the same. If your examiner arrives back from the test with clean underwear and his dinner still in his belly, you've passed.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I think everyone should have to take the test with a stick shift as well
Quote by CodChick

Quote by ecvMatt
I think everyone should have to take the test with a stick shift as well

Why?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by rockdude375
Why?

I have nothing against automatics, one of my cars is an auto, I just think it requires a bit more attention and skill which new drivers should focus on.

My friend broke his ankle hiking a few years back and his girlfriend(now wife) couldn't drive his car back because she didn't know how to use a clutch. What a pain in the ass, two of us had to drive an hour so one of us could drive his truck back.
Quote by CodChick

Quote by rockdude375
I think all driving tests should be the same. If your examiner arrives back from the test with clean underwear and his dinner still in his belly, you've passed.

Yeah, no. The test is way too damned easy already. What they need to do is make the DMV buy manual vehicles and make them the "mandatory test vehicles"
Quote by rockdude375
Why?

Because driving a stick shift requires a vast amount more concentration, skill, and general knowledge about the vehicle.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness