I've been looking at the Electro Harmonix Neo Chorus pedal and the MXR Black Label Chorus and they both sound great but the Black Label I can get on ebay for $76 and the Neo for $66. I know it isn't a huge difference but which one is better?
Id look a used voodoo lab analog chorus it should be in that range
Last edited by losing battle at Jun 4, 2011,
i got a hardwire chorus pedal for $50 off craigslist.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Chorus is one of the few pedals I'd actually buy from Boss. Pretty good and very affordable.
I got an EHX small clone a few years back and I love it!! I think the nano version replaced the biger pedals but do exactly the same thing, and they're pretty cheap!
The only two choruses I really like are the Hardwire Chorus, and the Neo Clone. Of those, I think the Hardwire sounds way better, and is way more versatile.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by gurg06
I got an EHX small clone a few years back and I love it!!

I'll second this. I personally think the 'original' style EHX pedals sound superior to the newer nano series pedals they've been releasing of late, although I've been impressed with a Memory Toy I picked up, it's great for rockabilly slapback.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Quote by jukejointjohnny
I'll second this. I personally think the 'original' style EHX pedals sound superior to the newer nano series pedals they've been releasing of late, although I've been impressed with a Memory Toy I picked up, it's great for rockabilly slapback.

how come you enjoy that pedal... it has a volume boost when engaged, makes it useless for live gigs unless you use it exclusively for solos
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Quote by championguitar
boss ce-3 i got mine for $55 and i love it

That's what I paid for my MIT CE-2.

eBay sniping is your friend.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
By any chance do you play in a band... the only reason I'm asking is my 5150 at practice sounds not nearly as good as if I'm playing with no bass (I am next to our bass player) and was wondering if it was his volume, mine, or the amp. Thanks
Quote by warhorsegibson
By any chance do you play in a band... the only reason I'm asking is my 5150 at practice sounds not nearly as good as if I'm playing with no bass (I am next to our bass player) and was wondering if it was his volume, mine, or the amp. Thanks

For that price, I'd take a look at a used Hardwire Chorus, very versatile and luss chorus. I don't generally find EHX's choruses too versatile. They tend to be a particular sound and only do well in that sound... but that's just me

Do you scoop your mids? If you tried fiddling with your presence? Another possibility is your standing position, the sound you hear from your entire band will change relative to where you are standing vis-a-vis your entire band's equipment.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.