Just logged on and hit with the UG Plus ads, looks good (at a cost), whats the general opinion?
Are they trying to cash in on what is basicly a free site/forum with a very big membership?
IMHO I think there is enough websites in tinternet land to suit everyone, pay or no pay.
Are you tempted to sign up?
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)
Same here; it seems like something that would only appeal to new UGer's.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I think it is disgusting.
But then again, you have to make some money, because running a site costs lots of it.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Noticed on the advert for it, it shows the tab pro for stairway to heaven, a blocked tab, so im wondering if all these blocked tabs were just to force people who want to learn the kinda classic riffs to pay for this service
Plus I'm in UK, available to US only.....not that I'd subscribe.
Not when you have got justinguitar.com for free!!
http://www.justinguitar.com/index.php
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)
Last edited by deadgroovy at Jun 4, 2011,
Quote by MD 316
Noticed on the advert for it, it shows the tab pro for stairway to heaven, a blocked tab, so im wondering if all these blocked tabs were just to force people who want to learn the kinda classic riffs to pay for this service

I doubt it, since a lot of the "classic" riffs are still running on the site, and the artists whose tabs have been blocked have had even their most unknown tabs blocked. Then again, I kind of question how it is that UG has the right to sell them in their own format, but not distribute them for free. That does seem kind of fishy.

Anyway, the point is, I don't think the blocking had anything to do with the service, which I wouldn't buy, if only because I live in Uruguay and we don't get the service here, and I can satisfy all that's on offer (backing tracks and ad-free-ness) through other means. The UG Pro tabs do seem interesting, for those I'd pay, if I had any idea what they're like (depends on that).

EDIT: Just checked out the Stairway demo... it's kind of cool and sounds great, I guess if I didn't have Guitar Pro I'd pay for it. However, I'm not sure what wanker is in charge of the tabs, but they did write "Led Zepplin"... twice, for fuck's sake.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Last edited by Garci at Jun 4, 2011,
I don't have any grievance with it.....those who do should see what it costs to have a domain name, then keep bitching. However, If i was a beginner I would think about it, it is cheaper than lessons (more productive idk. call me ill show you shit that can't be taught for 10 bux an hour...the only reason I get on UG is to ask a question I don't know, (ie: which tubes, what case for amps, pedal boards. and such, bc i have a budget and i am conscious) with a quick response, or to talk shit on the pit...i really don't give a shit about playing another bands songs by note. I listen to music I like and I play my own shit.
Honestly, I'm only on UG for the News and the Forums, couldn't care less about the Tabs.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
all the resources arent worth paying for as they can be found for free easily