Reviews/Opinions/Thoughts/Playabilty/Language on: the schecter tempest custom guitar.

I like alternative/punk/indie/rock music. Would this guitar be my dream come true?

Ive also looked at:

Epiphone dot's
Epiphone LP's
Fender strat's
PRS se EG's

I want a sound like: RHCP/The Killers/The White Stripes/The Black Keys

Price range: 350>
The tempest might be a little bit too heavy (i.e. high output pickups and whatnot) for your genres. Schecter typically markets its gear towards the hard rock/metal/metalcore scene. That being said, it doesn't mean it can't be used for something other than metal. Just make sure to check out some other guitars.

Oh, and IIRC, schecter does have a semi hollow guitar or two and you could find some of them used for just under $350. So if you really dig the way the schecter neck feels, you should definitely try that out
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Schecter is more of a metal/heavy rock band, I know. But watching videos of the tempest being played, it sounds like a cleaner Les Paul, and when coil tapped a healthier, more full strat. There is a used "upgraded" tempest custom for $400 near me. And I'm very tempted. (no pun intended).
Because I want a LP sound for Killers music, and a stratocaster sound for RHCP.

^^brand not band.
Also, what amp would Schecter sound best through?

Marshall
Vox
Line 6
Fender
Crate
Rogue
Peavey

?

Alternative music.
Well, the brand of the amp doesn't automatically match with certain guitars. Different brands have different amps too. Any guitar would sound better, for almost any genre through a good vox then a line 6 spider 3. And every guitar is different. Generally speaking, from what i've seen, schecters tend to be darker and warmer sounding guitars, so a somewhat bright amp would get a nice and smooth sound. A nice marshall would be good, but you're going to have to shell out over $1000 if you want something really nice from marshall. Peavey's can be nice, but they're typically aimed towards the hard rock/heavy metal crowd. For rock/alt/indie stuff, you might want to try Vox, or maybe Orange amps. But each amp series is different. No one brand is best for a certain type of music
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
The tempest custom comes with duncan designed pups based on sd sh-4 bridge and a 59 in the neck they would work fine for what you want to play.
As for what amp it will sound best through thats impossible to tell you seriously!
I owned a tempest custom for about a month played it though my mesa recto and a peavey 5150 sounded good through both better through the boogie but thats to be expected.
Basically if you have a crappy amp it dosnt matter if you play a $5000 dollar guitar through it it will still sound like crap.
So my questions are what amp or amps do you own?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean