i have an Ampeg bass amp stack. its a Ampeg B2 head connected to a Ampeg SVT-410HLF bass cab. it has been working fine for the last few weeks. then yesterday when i tried to turn it on, it never played. i kept trying to mess with the vomue and such, and nothing came out. that's when i noticed that when i would play the bass really hard ( plucking, slapping the strings) a really low, muffled sound would come come out. i flipped out and tried moving the connections. nothing changed. i tried the bass on a different amp, but it is fine. i thought it might have been the fuse, so i went to buy new fuse for the head, and just tried it right now, but it's still the same. anyone have suggestions as to what it could be? appreciate any help at all...
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
God, the amount of times I've had problems with this head as a sound engineer drives me insane.

Check the pad switch beside input. If that doesn't work just press buttons till it works - that's my usual cure for it.

If you can't get it going take the rig to the shop, get it repaired, sell head and buy something that's not an Ampeg B series.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
thanks for responding dude. they reallly are that undependable? ;c and im going to try it a few more times, and cross my fingers lol.
again, thanks
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
One of the backlines that are supplied where i live has one. I don't know if it's a dog or what the go is but this thing as a horrible tone and generally plays up for almost everyone.

Best off long term trading it in i think.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects