I have never used recording equipment of any kind nor ever worked with any editing software. I have played guitar 19 years, but never really explored this avenue. I want to buy something like the garage band program for Mac, but I have a regular lap top (4G, 500HZ, Pent. 5). I have looked a PreSonus with studio one soft wear. I would use this to record acoustic guitar and vocals. I want to be able to slow down tracks as well for teaching my students. Any good suggestions out there?
You might be struggling a bit with a 500Hz laptop. Try downloading Reaper as your DAW, as it's free and very good. The Presonus line of interfaces are pretty good, but if you want to just do vocals and acoustic guitar, you're best off getting a condenser mic like an AT4040. As such, you should get an interface with phantom power to power the microphone.

Any software you use will let you slow down the recording. Other interfaces I might suggest are the Lexicon Lambda (or Omega), and the M-Audio Fast Track MK II (or whichever one in this line that has phantom power but only 1 or 2 inputs).

Hope this helps a bit. A setup like that would run around $300 if you bought it used.
Quote by CrossBack7
You might be struggling a bit with a 500Hz laptop. Try downloading Reaper as your DAW, as it's free and very good. The Presonus line of interfaces are pretty good, but if you want to just do vocals and acoustic guitar, you're best off getting a condenser mic like an AT4040. As such, you should get an interface with phantom power to power the microphone.

Any software you use will let you slow down the recording. Other interfaces I might suggest are the Lexicon Lambda (or Omega), and the M-Audio Fast Track MK II (or whichever one in this line that has phantom power but only 1 or 2 inputs).

Hope this helps a bit. A setup like that would run around $300 if you bought it used.

Thanks for the thoughts I will start putting this together.