Might be a dumb question considering BFMV uses them but I don't have any personal experience with them. I'm very likely getting a DK2M soon through a trade so I won't be able to test it out first. Do these things handle drop tunings well? I've been trying to use youtube and while there are a few videos, most are demonstrating its shredding capabilities and I want to know about its riffing capabilities (and of course youtube videos cannot always be trusted).

If anyone has some insight on this that would be great
Jacksons are great for drop tuning. Just make sure if it has Floyd Rose its set up right and your golden.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
It will work as long as you have it set up properly. As long as you are using a 25.5 in. scale (like the Jackson's have) and are using the right string gauge for drop tunings (10-52 or thicker) you should be okay.

how low do you want to go?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
No lower than drop c and honestly I don't know that I'd drop tune it much at all since I have two others with fixed bridges. Would just like to have the option I guess and was checking how viable it was.

What would be involved in setting it up correctly? I've tuned a floyd before but are we talking action and intonation here?