Poll: Please only choose ONE keyboard and ONE reverb :)
Poll Options
View poll results: Please only choose ONE keyboard and ONE reverb :)
Casio CTK-2100
0 0%
Casio CTK-5000
4 100%
Digitech Hardwire
4 100%
TRex Tonebug
0 0%
Voters: 4.
So I plan on getting some sort of cheap keyboard (because I want to start learning piano), a reverb, and maybe a delay/some-other-random-pedal. If anyone knows anything about keyboards, help me out here:

Keyboards

The Casio CTK-2100 is appealing because of the low price and good reviews. For me, I just want a legit piano sound. I don't really care about the shitload of buttons it has (in fact, I don't even want it, but buying a nice digital piano costs a ton). MusiciansFriend says that it has 61 piano-style touch keys. What do they mean by touch keys? Touch sensitive? So that the pressure on the keys affects the sound?

The Casio CTK-5000 is just like an upgraded version of the former. It has a pitch wheel, which seems pretty cool.

Anyway, I don't know much about keyboards, but if any UGer's can help me out on what to get for a good price, I'd appreciate it

Reverbs

The Digitech Hardwire RV-7 seems amazing. There isn't a sound I don't like and the diversity is awesome. The thing is, I heard it's a bit noisy. Also, once I play with it a while, I'm pretty much only going to be using one "channel." I don't know... it's an awesome reverb, but I also really want...

The T-Rex Tonebug Reverb. It may not be as versatile as the Digitech, but I think I like the tone better overall. It also looks a little more boutique; not that looks matter at all, but I prefer this simple style more than Digitech's "new age" look.

Help.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
do you want a keyboard to make funky sounds or just a piano sound? you can find a piano for cheap on craigslist
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by championguitar
do you want a keyboard to make funky sounds or just a piano sound? you can find a piano for cheap on craigslist

Mostly piano sounds, but I wouldn't mind the other instruments either.

He will be missed.
I know nothing about keyboards so I won't comment there.

Of the two reverbs, I've never played with the T-Rex but I love the Digitech, so that would be my choice.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Out of those, the CTK-5000 but you may want to take a look at the M-Audio electric pianos. They have a very acceptable piano sound and a more realistic action without having to mortgage the farm.
I'd look for an Alesis Quadraverb on Ebay. They go really cheap these days and they work great for your purpose. I could even make a D5 piano sound ok after running it through a Quadraverb.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
All of the ones with weighted keys cost too much

He will be missed.
I'd rather order straight from MF.

He will be missed.