Hey UG; it's been a while.

Looking for a good quality amp for gigging; I don't (currently) have any bias towards anything. Max budget is ~£1300 but I'd much rather spend a lot less than that (think £700-800).

Looking for Underoath/Alexisonfire/Architects sort of tone but not limited to; versatility would be great. Feel free to recommend amp+pedal combos as well.

Closest city is Cardiff UK

Cheers!

-J

edit: I'm using a mahogany ibanez with D'activators if that helps at all
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
hearty bump
You could buy a Laney GH50L/GH100L, a cabinet and maybe some effect pedals. What do you have now?
Laneys are good, but for £1300, you could pick up a Mesa, possibly a used dual recto. Otherwise, I'd go for a peavey 6505/5150 in that budget. Hell, you could probably stretch to a bogner.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by Juadafi
Hey UG; it's been a while.

Looking for a good quality amp for gigging; I don't (currently) have any bias towards anything. Max budget is ~£1300 but I'd much rather spend a lot less than that (think £700-800).

Looking for Underoath/Alexisonfire/Architects sort of tone but not limited to; versatility would be great. Feel free to recommend amp+pedal combos as well.

Closest city is Cardiff UK

Cheers!

-J

edit: I'm using a mahogany ibanez with D'activators if that helps at all

Here's what they use, you decide...

http://www.uberproaudio.com/who-plays-what/229-underoath-tim-mctague-guitar-gear-rig-and-equipment

Architects use Orange and Peavey IIRC.

Alexisonfire uses Marshall and Morris.
I like the Mesa idea. The money is inheritance and buying a good amp/guitar seems like the most worthwhile thing I could do with it. However, a mesa head is pretty close to a grand used so it leaves me barely enough money to buy a cab worth using it with.

I'll keep an eye out for Laney deals - I forgot they even existed. Are they decent for metal/the type of bands I listed?

my current gear is an ibanez xpt700 and a blackstar HT-5. I'm probably going to sell both, (I think I'd get £600-650 for them both?).

I just want a good, quality rig that will last me for a long long time.
A higher end Blackstar model? I'm not familiar with them although when I seen Architects live the lead guitarist was playing one and it sounded pretty sexy..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
My only gripe with higher end blackstars is that they haven't been around long enough to get good deals used, which is mostly what I'm looking for.