Hey Guys,
So i have this software AmpliTube Metal V1.0 and I want to record what I play but I have absolutely no Idea how to do it?
ACE AND THE ASS
Get a daw. google or read it on this forum... your life is going to change. TRUST ME!
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
^
A DAW that supports VSTis. So not Audacity.
If you want freeware, download Reaper from the official website. Get the 30day trial, they don't block any features when it overruns
Or spend some money. Cubase, Sonar or Ableton would be good choices.
Import Amplitube into the VST folder of said DAW when you've loaded it up, import it into a new audio track and you're away.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
^
A DAW that supports VSTis. So not Audacity.
If you want freeware, download Reaper from the official website. Get the 30day trial, they don't block any features when it overruns
Or spend some money. Cubase, Sonar or Ableton would be good choices.
Import Amplitube into the VST folder of said DAW when you've loaded it up, import it into a new audio track and you're away.

I have POD Farm and I guess it supports VST but how do I use it?? Is it good enough!
ACE AND THE ASS
Pod Farm is also a VST (virtual studio technology) plugin, not a DAW (digital audio workstation)

This is a DAW

Which you use to record onto. Like a multi track recorder, but in software form. You'd run PodFarm or Amplitube through it, and record the sounds.
If you're new to this, I'd suggest getting the free demo of Reaper just to get the hang of it all. It's a big game when you're just starting off. I've done musical engineering courses for the last 4 years, but at the beginning I had no clue
So i got this Reaper and it Detected Amplitube VSt automatically. Now How do I use it to record. DO I need to run both programs at the same time
ACE AND THE ASS
Not necessarily. Open Reaper, start a new project, and add an audio track. On the task bar to the left of the track where all the record/play/mute etc buttons are, should be one with FX on it. Click on that, and search in the VSTs for the plugin you want to use, and open it to the track. As far as my experience with Reaper goes, that should be it, and it opens the PodFarm or Amplitube there, and you can edit it/record with it etc.
And Also I need a new interface. I have budget of $100. I need at least to input.
ACE AND THE ASS
You could probably get a cheap Line6 interface for about that. The UX2 has 2 inputs, but can be quite expensive. Just have a look around on ebay. Search for USB Audio Interface and you'll get a shedload of results. Alesis, Behringer and M Audio do the best-for-budget interfaces, but as for a dual input for $100, you'd have to look around a bit. I think the Alesis iO2 has 2 inputs, but I could be wrong.
Quote by ady.gravity
So i have this software AmpliTube Metal V1.0

You're going to want to upgrade that. Amplitube is up to version 3 now
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp