Poll Options
View poll results: Coffee Shop or Bar
Coffee Shop
43 51%
Bar
42 49%
Voters: 85.
Page 1 of 2
For those of you over 21 i assume. I always felt more comfortable at a coffee shop, doing pretty much anything. Its kinda like the extension of my living room. Just wondering what your opinions are about the best place to hang out or get a little time to yourself.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Sorry I'm not 21...but I voted bar because I'm alcoholic.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
I have no favourite, it depends entirely on how I feel, who I'm with, the time of day.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I'm not much of a drinker. So I'd say coffee shop, though i don't drink coffee much either.
Coffee Shop, although bar food is really very amazingly delicious, the atmosphere isn't as inviting and laid back as it is at a coffee shop. And because all the bars here are littered with hicks, gays (no offense to gay people, I just wouldn't go to a gay bar), or just annoying people who get superman syndrome when drunk.

All of that and because due to my age, it's illegal for me to enter a bar. (But I have... It really doesn't matter)
It really depends on who I am with... but I don't drink too much anyway.
I've never been to a bar or a club. I've been to a pub that pretends to be a club. I hate it.

I'd say coffee shop.
OP is a faggot hipster
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
coffee shop - several reasons:
I have straight edge friends so taking them to a bar would be awkward
Coffee shops are less weird to be in during daylight hours
In general, imo, the girls in coffee shops are more likely to be attractive by my standards and the people in general more interesting (not that I haven't met some cool characters at bars).
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Lol hipsters arent the only ones who like coffee shops. I like the coffee shop ambience because it feels really homy and cozy for me. Not to mention i can usually go there for homework and studying without getting bothered. When it comes to hanging out, i can hear people better at coffee shops. Although i do go to bars once in a while when i feel like just letting loose and meeting random people.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Last edited by MODESTme at Jun 5, 2011,
Laundry Mat
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Jun 5, 2011,
If I'm going out for some "me" time, I would say coffee shop. More mellow, and allows passive thought. I feel like a bar would be a little louder and harder to just think to myself.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I voted for the joke optiHEY WAIT JUST A GOD DAMN MINUTE

Okay I voted for the middle finger optWHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE PULLING HERE

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Bar, because I don't drink coffee but do drink alcohol. I have a few favourite haunts where I can just go sit and think by myself if I need to, go hang with my mates or even take my girlfriend on occasion.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Pubs are sooo draconian. Coffee shops are the alternative to the mainstream!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
If I want a piece of cake and coffee/tea then coffee shop, but if I want to get drunk then its bar.
I'm really self-conscious and uncomfortable in public, so I tend to avoid both when I'm alone
I think it depends what kind of bar people are thinking about, if you're saying like nightclub then it's stupid, but it you're saying pub, then I think it's an equal split.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by due 07
I like going to independent coffee shops and being a hipster.

Coffee shops in general are so mainstream....
Quote by trueamerican

Seriously, I go to a tea hut. The tea bags are hand passed from farmers to couriers to the hut. I have to know what hands have touched my tea bags.
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
Quote by trueamerican
The ultimate paradox.

bar.

seriously a coffee shop has to be like the worst place ever to hang out. its always full of yuppies and what exactly is there to do there? you just kinda sip your coffee and stare at the walls. and why do you have to sit inside the shop and drink your coffee? sip it while youre driving home.

at least a bar has televisions with sports on, pool tables, darts, lady bartenders that feign interest in you and show off their cleavage so they get better tips, slutty girls that are looking for someone to take them home and well...alcohol. coffee shops offer none of this. sorry, but not interested.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
^Coffee shops have newspapers man, gotta stay up to date on the news.

With Friends: Bar

By myself for breakfast on a Sunday when I'm out of groceries or too lazy to cook: coffee shop
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Jun 5, 2011,
I like bookstores with cafes so I can hide out in the bookshelves while sippin' on my coffee.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
slutty girls that are looking for someone to take them home

> can't get laid without a hooker

LOOOOOOOOOL
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by laxduck
Seriously, I go to a tea hut. The tea bags are hand passed from farmers to couriers to the hut. I have to know what hands have touched my tea bags.

well played sir. this should be a third option.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
bar.

seriously a coffee shop has to be like the worst place ever to hang out. its always full of yuppies and what exactly is there to do there? you just kinda sip your coffee and stare at the walls. and why do you have to sit inside the shop and drink your coffee? sip it while youre driving home.

at least a bar has televisions with sports on, pool tables, darts, lady bartenders that feign interest in you and show off their cleavage so they get better tips, slutty girls that are looking for someone to take them home and well...alcohol. coffee shops offer none of this. sorry, but not interested.

Your friends must suck if you need all of that just to enjoy their company.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by Dreadnought

I HAVE AMUSED AN EX-MOD

but i can't tell if you're being cereal or not
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
you know honestly, pubs are pretty cool too. I mean look at how i met your mother loools. Although the few times I've been to a pub, there werent really anyone i can connect with. But i guess if you become as familiar with a pub as me with my favorite coffee shop then it should be equally good. I know pretty much everyone that works at my local roasting company and its just nice to drop in and say hi even when im not getting anything.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Coffee Shop
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by jambi_mantra
Your friends must suck if you need all of that just to enjoy their company.

youre right, all my friends are just like you.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

Quote by Vornik
alone, coffee shop.
with other people, bar.

sitting alone in a bar makes you look pathetic.

EDIT: unless you're doing work, of course. But who does work at a bar alone?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Sitting in a bar makes you look pathetic.
Fixed!
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
My ****buddy once dragged me into a coffee shop. It had hipsters everywhere and the music was quiet and gay and I ended up paying about 30$ for some coffee and some pastry shit(must admit pastry was good). Did not like.

Local bar on the other hand has great atmosphere, great beer, great whiskey, style and lots of cool people pass by. Besides I'm more biased towards beer.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Page 1 of 2