First off I acquired this guitar off the used rack at Guitar Center after a deal on Jackson DKMG fell apart.

I put my money down and the DKMG showed up as stolen . When I asked for a cash refund they all but laughed at me. This left me with $280 of store credit.

I saw this RGR320EX with a $350 price tag +30 more if you wanted a gig bag. With that said, I walked out with this guitar an extended warranty and a gig bag no additional money changed hands.

The neck is a Wizard II pretty much a thin u profile you either love them or hate them...

The pickups are an INF4 in the bridge and an INF3 in the neck position...

IMHO to make a pickup swap out worth while. You'd have to spend more than what this axe is worth... Frankly these pickups actually sound pretty bloody good.

Much as I see people hating on Edge III bridges. I've run into a lot worse on more expensive axes.

All I had to do was a minor tweak to the setup and it stays in tune perfectly.

I spent a good 30 minutes dive bombing and generally abusing the shit out of it and stayed in tune just fine.

PS I'll make an update if the edge III craps out and I have to replace it.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Damn, Nice Guitar. HNGD

And yeah, the edge 3 isn't as bad as a lot of people say. I beat the shit out of mine, and it rarely goes out of tune.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Not an ibby fan, but the reverse headstock looks great! Hngd!
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Flipped tuners are interesting, excellent find! HNGD!
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
HNGD

And the main issue with the Edge III isn't that it will ALWAYS go out of tune, because if it's properly set up, it won't. The main issue is that the knife edges are made out of shit metal (I forget which) and will wear out quickly. So even with moderate usage, it will be basically unusable after a few months.
And what happened with the Jackson? You paid for it and the store didn't give it to you (or a refund) because it was stolen?
Quote by trueamerican
And what happened with the Jackson? You paid for it and the store didn't give it to you (or a refund) because it was stolen?

The $280 was 1/2 down on the used Jackson DKMG they cost about 800 new.
After the Jackson came up hot on the stolen list. We couldn't close the deal.

They already had my money and didn't want to give it back as cash very bad. Store credits and cutting a good deal no problem. Getting cash back way more hassle and less value.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
HNGD! Edge 3's are actually pretty good, once they're set up they work really good. Don't get the complaints, if you know how to set up a tremolo it's childsplay.
If they bought a stolen guitar and tried to keep my deposit on it I would rape them in the mouth.

Seriously. Thats a ****ing joke. Switch music stores.

Hngd though.
Happy NGD, sorry to hear about the deal, still not as bad as some industries though.
HNGD

Tbh on my Ibanez, my inf3+4 pickups sound really crappy when played clean, so I'm looking for a decent pick up swap
But everyone has their own preferences
Quote by DimebagZappa
If they bought a stolen guitar and tried to keep my deposit on it I would rape them in the mouth.

Seriously. Thats a ****ing joke. Switch music stores.

Hngd though.

It seems you don't know what Guitar Center is or how they do business?

They're a giant chain they didn't and still don't care if they lose me as a customer or not.

They didn't "keep my deposit" I could have put up a stink and demanded they give me my deposit back in cash.

Instead I used it to get around $400 store credit

The ibby was marked @ $350
Gig Bag @ $30
One year extended warranty $30
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Willowthewitch
It seems you don't know what Guitar Center is or how they do business?

They're a giant chain they didn't and still don't care if they lose me as a customer or not.

They didn't "keep my deposit" I could have put up a stink and demanded they give me my deposit back in cash.

Instead I used it to get around $400 store credit

The ibby was marked @ $350
Gig Bag @ $30
One year extended warranty $30

HNGD man, seems like you got something for nothing as the case may be. same kind of axe i had before, but with better inlays and Pups.. mine had the Lo-TRS Trem II though. either way good on you for not kicking up a stink with guitar shop sales reps.. its tempting as hell but most of them at least try to help you out.. i still think the ratio of crooked reps to honest is like 5:1 though.
Current Playing Gear:
Johnson DeQ 2 Distortion Pedal
Peavey ValveKing 1x12 50W Tube Combo
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Happy NGD!! I had a RGR420EX (silver arctic frost) the only thing I didn't like about it was the neck, to dang skinny for me

I think those pups were installed by the previous owner because I never seen a RGR320EX new with INF's. The earlier ones had "Designed by EMG" passives and the later ones had the V7/V8 combo. Then they changed the 320 to the 420 after that and kept the V7/V8 combo till it was discontinued, the finish seems right though. I think Iby uses pretty decent stock pups myself the V7/V8 are my faves from them, they sound great for 80's Rock and Metal.

Thanks for the history. I did some checking and you're right the pups are not original.

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_pickups

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RGR320EX

According to the stamp on the back of the headstock. The model serial number even the made in Indonesia seem to be correct
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41