I have the amazing slowdowner, and it works pretty wel, but I prefer to banish my computer when playing guitar. The computer doesn't seem to mix with guitar for me, for some reason, so I've decided to buy EITHER a TASCAM CD trainer OR the same MP3 trainer. I was wondering if anyone had some educated opinions on one over the other ..... I don't mind burngin songs to cd real quick, but figured if the mp3 is just as good .... I will be using it ONLY to quickly figure out licks, etc. I don't plan to live on it, I don't care much about effects, and I'm NOT an audiophile, so as long as it's SIMPLE to use that's what I care about. I'm thinking that I've read that one or both can accept foot pedals so you can pause, rewind, repeat witout taking your hands off the fretboard? that would be invaluable!
Thanks all: Keep playing from the neck down!
Why bother with that when you can buy or download a tab reader/editor and do the same thing, plus way way more. That thing seems silly and limiting.
thank you. I've never heard of a tab reader - editor. I do like to keep my ear trained though, so wouldn't want to lost that ability .... (why is another question, of course, but for the purpose of this discussion, let's assume I just want to...sort of like not using spell check to keep my spelling skill honed, ya know?) -- but I'll look these up. I'm sort of rusty .... used to be in popular band but now "living room" performer! Want either cd trainer or mp3 trainer but not sure which one!
Quote by hotwired99
let's assume I just want to...sort of like not using spell check to keep my spelling skill honed, ya know?)

Good on you! We're all a little TOO dependent on technology, IMO. If you've got a large CD collection, I'd go with the CD thing.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.