Hi all,

I may be an idiot but here it goes.

The selector switch on my guitar was acting up so I changed it, in doing so I connected the neck pickup wrong, I started again and now I'm getting nothing from it.

I checked the resistance of it by connecting the groud to the hot (works fine for the bridge which has two wires plus the ground, resistance is around 15 kohms) but for the neck I'm getting nothing when I connect the ground to any of the wires, this pickup had 4 wires plus the ground so does it have somehting to do with that?

Did I break my pickup or am I doing something stupid....or both???

Thanks all, any help would be great.
You didn't break your pickup, from what I can tell... besides, you shouldn't be doing anything with the actual pickup, only the wires coming from it.

Odds are you wired it wrong.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
I haven't touched the actually pickup, I was just concerned that I may have shorted it out or something by connecting wrong wires, dunno if thats possible.
Well, considering that you have to solder together and tape off two wires of a pickup, I wouldn't think that it is

Did you make use of any wiring diagrams?
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
I was going by what was already done, and workig off that, I was playing around with a different configuration, when it was hooked up I got no signal form the neck, went back to the original configuration and I'm still getting noubt.

Its similar to this:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2hb_1vol_5way

I just don't have the black and green form the bridge
Cheers for the replies!

Got it sorted out, turns out it wasn't the pickup at all, it was a dodgey connection on the new 5 way switch, the volume was hooked up to the switch where it was supposed to bring a connection to all of the lugs on the switch...it didn't, it wasn't making contact on the fifth position, a gentle bend and all is well.