Hello So, right now i only have a Peavey Vypyr 15, and I would love to upgrade to something that would work for practice (really needs to be heard over loud drums) and maybe small gigs in the future. I play mostly modern Metalcore/hardcore stuff, (Asking Alexandria, A Skylit Drive, Escape the Fate, As I Lay Dying, and other such bands) but i also like to play some Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, etc. I think my budget would be around maybe $500-$800, and i might be able to go up to $1000 if needed. Not totally sure at the moment as i don't have a job yet haha.

Thank You for any suggestions!
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Err...

Bugera 6262?
Peavey 6505+ combo?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I had that same budget and I wanted an amp with balls. I found a Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 2x12 combo on ebay for $700. Im telling you man, if you get that amp you will be extremely impressed. Hell, it's a ****ing Mesa for under $1000!
Quote by Deed11
I had that same budget and I wanted an amp with balls. I found a Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 2x12 combo on ebay for $700. Im telling you man, if you get that amp you will be extremely impressed. Hell, it's a ****ing Mesa for under $1000!

That's an awesome amp! I don't understad why it's discontinued, really good amp again!
Dude, that's enough budget for a decent tube amp, +1 on the peavey 6505+ combo (swap the speakers) , lots a famous metal bands use it, not great cleans but I'm sure you will be just fine.