I have no synth knowledge at all, i just have a normal laptop and use an 8 year old FruityLoops for strings/backing at the moment, and it sounds terrible. Have a track which would really be less painful if the strings were realistic

So is there a realistic multi-violin software thing i can buy/use?? Without having to get into midi and stuff im clueless about. I was hoping for point & click then mixdown like Fruityloops. Im wanting pizzicato and all that jazz

any help appreciated
using reason is annoying, cause you have to set it up lol, I used Logic for the strings in one of my songs, I thought it turned out alright.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
(Invalid img)

This might help get you started.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by archerkoala
Use Reason if you think you can handle it

That has like a million knobs everywhere, i will not be able to handle it

Quote by BeefWellington
(Invalid img)

This might help get you started.

ohh i love cryptic puzzle replies to straightforward questions... To join in the spirit, how about you decode this one:-

F

U

Quote by Tanglewoodguit
You need to actually be able to write for strings effectively as well. Can you?

This is not a pissing contest on who can squeeze the most tears with a heart-wrenchingly emotional orchestral swell. Its just a guy fukin about at home
Quote by dazzlepecs

ohh i love cryptic puzzle replies to straightforward questions... To join in the spirit, how about you decode this one:-

F

U

None of which will work.

Good.

Quote by dazzlepecs
fuks sake that sounds like a fukkin kazoo on my laptop wtf, i must have a bad soundcard

goddammit

wtf those are the friggin Native Instruments, with arguably one of the best sample libraries in the world.

If your soundcard/speakers make them sound like kazoos then you should upgrade those, first.
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra is great for strings. They sound really fluid. Most strings samplers either sound harsh and rigid, or fade in like a pad, this does neither.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
wtf those are the friggin Native Instruments, with arguably one of the best sample libraries in the world.

If your soundcard/speakers make them sound like kazoos then you should upgrade those, first.

Surely theres a non-realtime mixdown mode to get it sounding awesome??

Quote by whalepudding
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra is great for strings. They sound really fluid. Most strings samplers either sound harsh and rigid, or fade in like a pad, this does neither.

Is that a complicated midi thing? Thanks, I will have a look. I cant get Kontack to work
Quote by BeefWellington

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by BeefWellington

And you're an idiot. How about you actually try to contribute to the thread instead of posting stupid, unfunny spam.
Quote by T.s.e
And you're an idiot. How about you actually try to contribute to the thread instead of posting stupid, unfunny spam.

maybe if TS posted this thread in the appropriate forum he would get more useful advice.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by T.s.e

None of which will work.

Good.

I use Session Strings, they sound great (In the song A Journey's End on mah profile) and they have several nice presets as well.

Gonna cost you though. I control them with a regular keyboard.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Synth strings sound nothing like the real thing. I don't know how you expect to use any nonacoustic instruments in your production without dealing with MIDI, since that is the only communication that can be used for digital music.

If you don't want to deal with MIDI, hire a string orchestra.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I use Miroslav Philharmonik, it sounds pretty good but I think I may be digging session strings more after watching those videos
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by whalepudding

EWQL sound good out of the box but don't give you a lot of control. VSL is by far the best library since their mix is completely dry, with the most amount of realistic performance detail. Their engine is also far superior to anything else. LA Scoring Strings is good too, but you have to load the individual patches in Kontakt.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Demon Wolf
I use Session Strings, they sound great (In the song A Journey's End on mah profile) and they have several nice presets as well.

Gonna cost you though. I control them with a regular keyboard.

Session Strings is pretty good for basic sequencing since its so easy to use but nowhere near the realism or thoroughness needed for a library used to create professional mockups. A major problem is that thir entire strings choir is compacted into a single entity, so there are no distinctions between notes played on a viola as opposed to a cello or violin or bass.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 5, 2011,
True that. They are perfect for me who isn't looking to create songs consisting entirely of strings, but they sound stellar in a mix with other instruments.

Session Strings Pro just came out and is apparantly alot better with separate entities, I might upgrade.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"