Hey, I want to buy a guitar... yeah. but I have no idea about brands or different models or what have you... im a drummer and know all abouts ze drums and whatnot, but when it comes to guitars I get anally penetrated or whatever.

So... i play hard rock, gothic rock and theres a little metal in me sometimes. I dont know if that matters... So... what is a decent guitar for begginers. Not a really shit one, because i have been playing a while on other peoples guitars and its not one of those
''oh, ill buy a guitar and see if like it, but will give up when i fingers hurt...!''
so ya... what do you think? I need a guitar of epic proportions for not so epic prices, or something...

Shpanks and kisses! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Quote by SHartsell
Yamaha Pacifica...sounds decent even after 4 years with the right equipment.

+1

Its pretty much one of the best value for money beginner axes. Good quality, generally solid construction, well setup, lightweight, generally problem free, affordable ($180 at Musician's Friend).
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 5, 2011,
Whatever you do, don't get a squier. They're shit. Pacificas are generally good, as well as the ibanez gio series, IIRC. It's either the gio or the grg. One of the two, but they're good beginners guitars.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
I can vouch for Pacificas too, i have an RG ibanez now, and still play the pacifica from time to time just because of how much i love that guitar.
you will probably need some effects and things to get the sound you want.

my friend and I started playing guitar at the same time, I bought a pacifica, he bought an entry level epiphone SG. both good guitars, the SG was a bit more expensive, but looks the part so it may motivate you to play it more.

was also going to say ibanez gio is good, and cheap squires are lackluster, though really im just repeating what everyone else said.

BUY DER GIBSON CUSTOM LES PAUL LULZ, DEYRE BEST GITAR.
epiphone vintage G-400 they are $299 new they have nice necks, good tuners, and a nice satin finnish. This is by far one of the best sub $500 guitars there is right now.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dtmaiden
Whatever you do, don't get a squier. They're shit. Pacificas are generally good, as well as the ibanez gio series, IIRC. It's either the gio or the grg. One of the two, but they're good beginners guitars.

i prefer my squier strat to the 2 pacificas ive tried...feel wise for sure