Page 1 of 4
read this first

So guys, do you have any crazy, wild things that you want to do but that seem to be impossible, due to cost, logistics, insecurity or whatever?
I'm sure everyone did as a kid, you wanted to go to space or you wanted to be a dinosaur or have epic fisticuffs with Bowser in real life, but those are crazy dreams in the sense that they are impossible.

I'm talking about things that we know that we can do, and that we actually plan to. Dreams we know that we can make possible, but that seem so far out there that we just don't know how.

For me, one of them is putting on a huge show. I'm not talking a simple concert here, but a huge Gesamtkunstwerk that mixes opera, theater, metal, art, comedy, projected images and a laser-show. I have only flashes of images and sounds of it in my head, but isn't that how all great ideas start? As well as drug-induced trips?

Anybody else have any high-reaching aspirations in life?

And make it interesting, don't just say "go on tour with my band", let's go nuts here
Would definately love to headline a massive festival of some sort. To have 50,000 people chanting your lyrics back at you must be the best feeling in the world.
I want to get in a successful band earn some money and then retire, going round small pubs and playing in jam sessions.
I don't know. Being respected and loved is something I'm after. Starting some kind of law firm would be nice. Or becoming a rockstar.
Winning a nobel-prize.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by CoreysMonster
246 km... and some of those dudes finished in under 24 hours holy crap, man!

I know these people must have insane willpower. I can't imagine the satisfaction of finishing that.
That was the best comic I've ever read...ever

I don't what my wildest aspiration is. I'm too lazy to think of one.
Maybe I could be the laziest person in the world.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
become rich by doing absolutely nothing...getting big in a band, although touring would be annoying, cause id hate to be away from those i love for a long time. Also i'd like to be a sound designer/editor/whatever its called when people put sound effects to movies.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I know this sounds really naive and shit, but:
My dream is to use my "eco engineer"-skillz (what I'm studying at the moment), go back to my home country (Bosnia) and help the environement and people there. I have know idea how to do that right now.

And before I do that and become a person with tons of responsibilities, I want to at least have one gig with >100 people.
I'm in a band right now, but we only practice once a week and that is not enough. I also am the only one who seems to be writing songs. I think I'm gonna get the singer, get my acoustic, get a loop pedal and start a 2-piece band with her (something in between Tenacious D and KT Tunstall).

Yeah, those are my plans at the moment.
To finish my shitty degree, find information pertaining to an MSc in microbrewing and then do it and live out my days making top quality ale.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by ilovepepsi
become rich by doing absolutely nothing...getting big in a band, although touring would be annoying, cause id hate to be away from those i love for a long time. Also i'd like to be a sound designer/editor/whatever its called when people put sound effects to movies.

Word for word, pretty much this.

I'd also like to live in a small villa on the Greek coast.
id like to give a marathon a go, but i think that would be in my abilties.
iono, my aspirations are pretty small. provide for a wife and children. own a small boat for fishing. get a job that i enjoy and pays well. lol.
I want to be Mike Patton.

I really really do.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Make a lot of money.

No idea how I could go about this, but the thought of meeting all the people that I came across who thought I'd never do anything substantial in 20 or 30 years and having them see me in a very, very successful position seems really attractive to me.

Also, grow a moustache. I'm crazy, I know.
Grow a hundred pounds of top quality marijuana and do it in a perpetual way.

Tour in as many places as i can while sellin that weed i grew in the audience.

Niggas neva knew.
Go to school, fall in love, be cool and keep on rocking in the free world. In that order.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I have had a story brewing in my head for over 5 years and I want to bring it to life through film, I'm just afraid people won't like it, and to be frank, I honestly think if it was done correctly, it could be on the scale of Star Wars for our generation, just because of how huge this Universe is that I've created.
Last edited by Spartan101400 at Jun 5, 2011,
-Gig in front of millions of fans, on an island, it would be night, tropical/tribal sort of theme, giant fireworks every now and then.
-Start a relationship by saving someone's life.
-Go to Spain, learn Spanish guitar from great guitarists.
-Go to outer space? I guess it is possible, even though it may not be so easy.

Impossible dream:
1- Sit on top of a flying plane, I dunno why, I just wanna feel what it's like up there, from the outside. Would also add, ability to fly, holy crap that would be awesome.
Quote by CoreysMonster
For me, one of them is putting on a huge show. I'm not talking a simple concert here, but a huge Gesamtkunstwerk that mixes opera, theater, metal, art, comedy, projected images and a laser-show. I have only flashes of images and sounds of it in my head, but isn't that how all great ideas start? As well as drug-induced trips?

That, so hard. The music would have Opeth's strange tonality, Devin Townsend's soundscapery and Wagner's emotional power and motivic depth. The art would be dark and surreal and overly detailed, with pleasingly absurd images representing different ideas in the story. The story would be written by someone else, because I'm shit at that sort of thing and thinking about it hurts my brain.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I would love to travel the world as a photographer. That's pretty unobtainable as I have no qualifications as a photographer, and no money to do it. It would be awesome though.

I also want to be successful. That's not too wild but it's hard and far-off.
Quote by whalepudding
That, so hard. The music would have Opeth's strange tonality, Devin Townsend's soundscapery and Wagner's emotional power and motivic depth. The art would be dark and surreal and overly detailed, with pleasingly absurd images representing different ideas in the story. The story would be written by someone else, because I'm shit at that sort of thing and thinking about it hurts my brain.

Mine's gonna be better than yours
To be in a band with like-minded musicians who have such good chemistry and creative freedom that we effortlessly create unique music that spawns a devoted fanbase. The first part for me is proving rather difficult. Having a fanbase is my ultimate idea of appreciation, even if we're not really famous
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Jun 5, 2011,
I want to design a Superdome. An arena that is comprised of 4 separate arenas at the corners and merged by a shopping center in the middle. This way, you can have four different sporting/music events going on at the same time, and once the show is over, you can choose to go out in the center and start shopping.

It'll be massive, and I know it probably won't happen :/
pinga
Maybe not the "wildest" aspirations I have, but I'd really like to become a well-reknowned archaeologist who gets to travel a lot. I'd also like to be a well-reknowned composer.

Most of all I think I'd just like to travel. Hence my biking through europe thread.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Maybe not the "wildest" aspirations I have, but I'd really like to become a well-reknowned archaeologist who gets to travel a lot. I'd also like to be a well-reknowned composer.

Most of all I think I'd just like to travel. Hence my biking through europe thread.

You do realise that if you become a well known archaeologist you will immediately lose my respect, right? If anything this archaeology degree has taught me is that the profession is full of absolute bastards who don't actually know anything and merely get by on their reputation alone. It doesn't matter what bullshit they come out with, people will believe it and there's absolutely no way anyone other than a venerable professor can question it. An absolute shambles is what the profession of archaeology is.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by whalepudding
pfft

Would yours have the image of a tortoise with no limbs and balloons coming out of its shell? Mine would.

Would yours have the moving image of diamond tree-roots growing out of glass cylinders into space forming a big eye with the planet as the iris and a nuclear explosion as the pupil?

Mine would.

Okay let's stop here, we'll get together again in 30 years when we've realised our shows
am i the only one that's disappointed that they didn't **** at the end of that comic?

i think it would be cool to live in the desert. like with no other signs of humanity visible anywhere. like where Luke Skywalker lived and it would be all solar powered and i'd just live with a really cool band and we would record crazy desert western folk metal or something. and all the rooms would be cool, like each one would be painted all one color and everything in that room would be that same color. it would be crazy. and when you look at it from the outside it's just a little modest mud brick thing but then there's all this cool stuff hidden underground. it would be like living after the end of the world.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i want to start an absurdist revolution that completely changes the socio-economic and political landscape of the entire world and ushers in a new era of prosperity and happiness.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by Spartan101400
I have had a story brewing in my head for over 5 years and I want to bring it to life through film, I'm just afraid people won't like it, and to be frank, I honestly think if it was done correctly, it could be on the scale of Star Wars for our generation, just because of how huge this Universe is that I've created.

Ok, look, I'm no motivational speaker. Quite the opposite, I'm just another existential twenty-year old with no real purpose or motivation. But if life's taught me anything its that you should just do what your gut feeling tells you to do.

Screw what people may think, bring your concept to life to show yourself that you are a being capable of creation. Do not think of the effect, just get stuck in the cause and dedicate yourself to your own metaphysical universe...Whether the material interpretation of your brainchild turns out to be a failure or a success in terms of monetary, popular and/or legendary external factors should not interfere with your work.

After all, Wu-Tang ain't nuthin' to fu*k with...
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Id love to wake up to a slurpee machine that is just the red color and there is everclear mixed in there, and my bed is made of every hair from extinct animals. Wake up and look out the window and i have 4,000,000 plastic dolls all in reach around position with hoses coming out of there butts shooting hot chicken soup into the adjacents mouth. Id then ride my lion into the mountains and become a god to a local village, force them to grow cocoa plants and process cocaine, then bump 8 balls of the saggiest boobs i can find in the village and play gnar in my head phones as loud as possible until a battle ax fight ensues
Quote by Ed Hunter
You do realise that if you become a well known archaeologist you will immediately lose my respect, right? If anything this archaeology degree has taught me is that the profession is full of absolute bastards who don't actually know anything and merely get by on their reputation alone. It doesn't matter what bullshit they come out with, people will believe it and there's absolutely no way anyone other than a venerable professor can question it. An absolute shambles is what the profession of archaeology is.

Whaaat? Why do you say that? I've only had good experiences with other archaeologists, and I met a bunch of them on my latest excavations. Archaeologists might even be the most laid-back proffession there is. It's all about digging, interpreting stuff, then going out to get wasted.

A guy I worked with on the last excavation was incredibly high up in the archaeological sphere in Sweden, he was really nice and told us pretty cool stories, including his experiences in Hungary where everyone had to stop work around 2 PM because everyone was so drunk.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I want to finish a project, any project, in this life, to complete something i've started, just once.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by Kensai
Whaaat? Why do you say that? I've only had good experiences with other archaeologists, and I met a bunch of them on my latest excavations. Archaeologists might even be the most laid-back proffession there is. It's all about digging, interpreting stuff, then going out to get wasted.

A guy I worked with on the last excavation was incredibly high up in the archaeological sphere in Sweden, he was really nice and told us pretty cool stories, including his experiences in Hungary where everyone had to stop work around 2 PM because everyone was so drunk.

That sounds awesome. I'm in the wrong profession >_>
Quote by Kensai

Possibly it's just the way it's done in Britain. Original thought is never, ever credited here until you reach at least doctorate level. Actual excavation is good fun though, I'll concede that but the actual "academic" side of it is the worst kind of bullshit. If you do become a world famous archaeologist, you can employ me as site brewer to make sure everyone is happily drunk. It'll be particularly fine beer too as I'm hoping to do an MSc in microbrewing after my archaeology degree.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Page 1 of 4