Hi everyone.

My amp is broken and i can't afford to buy a new one at the moment (yes,even 50$ is too much for now).So i thought i could use a guitar / usb device to get an amp with pc Speakers that's better than nothing.

-Can you advise me some some cheap product that do this?
-With a usb interface can i use a direct software distortion from pc to make some effect? If yes,which software should i use?

Thanks in advice.
I found the "Behringer UCG102" on net and it seems to cost around 30$
Is this quite good?
I don't want an amp quality,only something that work.
Last edited by Allfreeware at Jun 5, 2011,
For like $15-$20 you cold get a lexicon alpha
pretty decent device for it's price.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
$100 is pretty much where I'd start you. Get a Line 6 Pod Studio GX. Great interface for recording guitar, includes Pod Farm Amp/Effect Modeling Program and also can be used in live situations.

Don't waste you money on the Behringer. Its the same quality as plugging your guitar into the mic port, you just don't run the risk of blowing your mic port. Don't waste your money with any of the Guitar To USB Cables or pretty much anything under $100 or else you'll be very disappointed with the quality

Quote by kcorkcar
For like $15-$20 you cold get a lexicon alpha

Lol Where?
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Mh,really with a Behringer is exactly the same as plugging directly into mic port?
Don't even reduce the noise a bit?
I see that the main issue with plug in directly into mic port is that it create a lot of background noise.
Can't find a lexicon under 50$.

Thanks.
I went through 3 different guitar to USB cords, threw them all out cuz I got the same results as my mic port. Just save up $100 and buy a Pod Studio GX
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I went through 3 different guitar to USB cords, threw them all out cuz I got the same results as my mic port. Just save up $100 and buy a Pod Studio GX

Yeah I had 2 and they were a waste of money
Ok then,i'll use the mic port for some time and then switch to an interface like the Pod Studio.

Thanks a lot
Quote by FireHawk
You can ruin your mic port doing that just a warning.

O m g,that's a bad news thanks for the warning,better to use it less as possible then.