I recently got a big chunk of change, and I was wondering If i should buy a new guitar because I really want a nice 7 string guitar.
or if i should buy a better amp.
I currently have a Vox VT-15 amp with a digitech effects pedal and a Dean Flying V Dave Mustain sig series guitar.
just wondering what would be a better use of my money.
thanks
how much money are we talkign here? and what styles of music/bands do you play?
given his name...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he plays Thrash...

Buy a new amp...your guitar is just fine....7 strings are for primarily shred/or really heavy chugging...stick with your 6string..and treat yourself to a decent amp...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
800$. and i like to play everything really. Mostly death metal and thrash though
ah right yeah didnt notice the name :P! why not try one of the new blackstar HT series, with that sort of budget you could probably get the HT-60, also im looking at the ENGL gigmaster head and i play the same sorta music as you, could get that and a nice 2x12 cab
definatly it will improve your tone much more tha na new guitar, if you get a cheaper amp maybe upgrade the pickups in one of your guitars?
Quote by ThrashKing
so an amp would be a better use of money than a nicer guitar?

yes
im lookin at this Marshall Megastack Amp head and Cabinet. looks pretty niceeee. would that be a good buy?
Whatever you choose, be sure you test it out...especially with YOUR guitar...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by ThrashKing
im lookin at this Marshall Megastack Amp head and Cabinet. looks pretty niceeee. would that be a good buy?

no it won't be with a budget that high you could get something much much better
Quote by Controlpanel
Whatever you choose, be sure you test it out...especially with YOUR guitar...

i agree with this completly!
A peavey 6505 is easily within your grasp and will get you teh megadeth tones
the answer is always amp. amp makes the biggest difference to your sound be far, even if you play metal. especially if you play metal. EMGS dont do crap unless you have a high gain amp. otehrwise your just playing with a rock sound and high output pickups.

i witnessed a battle of the bands last night for a arts festival. there were 5 bands, some of them have released records. almost ever guitarist ws using an asian made guitar or a really really nice epihpone like a sheraton. the nicest guitar was a gibson les paul studio.

however, their amp setups were REALLY good. all used boutique fender amps, high quality half stacks, one basist even had a full ampeg rig - run about 3000 bucks.
alright. the guitar i have is the cheaper end Dave Mustain signature Deans. Its the United Abominations one, I was thinking of getting a LTD or A Shechter with some EMG's. Do you think my guitar will sound BETTER on a better amp than a better guitar would sound on the VOX I have now?
Quote by ThrashKing

The MG Dave Mustaine signature?
No. I'm sure you can find better marshall amp for your price. If not, go to a different brand.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by ThrashKing
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-IV-HD150-150W-and-4x12-Guitar-Half-Stack-502594-i1470629.gc
im thinkin of getting this. Is this good? it seems to be pretty amazing :p

complete waste of money.

$600 should get you a used marshall JCM2000 DSL 401.

it would do everything you want. it's designed to.

also consider a blackstar ht40, it's basically the same amp with some tweaks.

you should also try a jet city JCA20RC.

good luck.

spider IV and marshall MG discussion will end in this thread getting closed, fast.

both those amps are complete crap and would be a total waste of your money.

good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
complete waste of money.

$600 should get you a used marshall JCM2000 DSL 401.

it would do everything you want. it's designed to.

also consider a blackstar ht40, it's basically the same amp with some tweaks.

you should also try a jet city JCA20RC.

good luck.

spider IV and marshall MG discussion will end in this thread getting closed, fast.

both those amps are complete crap and would be a total waste of your money.

good luck.

really? **** amps are complicated. I should just get a guitar. lolol
Quote by ThrashKing
really? **** amps are complicated. I should just get a guitar. lolol

considering you have a vox vt, yes.

for $600 you could get a nice sheckter with EMG's.

and a hardshell case.

i'd go that route in your shoes.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeah i really want a seven string schecter. haha idk im gonna go into my local music store and see what they have to say.