I own two mesas (Express 5:25 and Tremoverb [EL34's installed]). I've never owned a Marshall. Interested in opinions from those who have experience in both.
Just go to your local music shop or guitarcenter. maybe try and find a marshall in the same price range as your mesa and see which you like better. Personally though, I'd take a mesa. Always felt better for metal to me. They're still pretty versatile though, by the same token, so are Marhsalls. Its tough to go wrong either way.
*insert witty statement here*
Sorry...no versus threads. They're not allowed.

*reported*

Also, that question is WAAAY to broad. You need to narrow it down to a couple of amps.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Good to know you're on the job pal. Maybe you can moonlight as a speed camera installer.
Quote by nonjonron
Good to know you're on the job pal. Maybe you can moonlight as a speed camera installer.

Given the way that you actually phrased the question ("please compare based on experience" instead of 'which is better", I'm not sure it's against the rules, but then I'm not a mod so take it for what it's worth...
Quote by nonjonron

when you get reported, it's the moderators who decide what to do about it, and if it wasn't necessary to report it they do nothing, so you've got no reason to get all pissy about people reporting you. the reason why people say *reported* is to let other people know that they don't need to report it if they are going to, so that the mods don't get several report messages about the same post/thread.

i think in any case it's a subjective thing really though, with regards to marshall vs mesa. i personally haven't liked any mesa amps i've tried (only really tried a dual rectifier which is just not my kind of amp at all) whereas the only marshalls i haven't liked were the cheap ones.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Theres really no comparison between any marshall and boogie this thread should be closed.
And take the 34s out of that t-verb those things need 6l6s lol
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Jun 5, 2011,