Hi all, so, I put up my Schecter damien fr fiamond series on craigslist. Somebody offered me a First act custom shop lola, supposedly made in boston. He told me it was $1500 new in 2004, and amazon says the same. Considering my Schecter is about 430 new, something smells fishy... i looked around and there's a ce140 for ALOT less. Basically I guess what I'm asking is A, does anyone have experience with the custom shop, and B, any obvious ways to tell a ce140 from the custom? Thanks a ton.
*insert witty statement here*
first act has a custom shop? that right there sounds fishy, cuz those are walmart grade guitars...
Honestly, there custom shop stuff can be worth a lot, but I really have my doubts in this case.
Quote by EFGuitar
first act has a custom shop? that right there sounds fishy, cuz those are walmart grade guitars...

Ignorant post is ignorant.
No its not fishy. The First Act Custom Shop does very high quality work... so I heard :P
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by EFGuitar

first act make alot of products it just happens that the most common one seems to be their walmart series but their custom shop series can be very nice. It may be that he's having trouble shifting it because of the name i'd check it out in person with a couple of friends if I were you.

EDIT:

Quote by TheAbsentOne
Ignorant post is ignorant.

Beat me to it
yeah first act does make some quality custom stuff so i've heard...
Resale value probably isnt good because of the name etc but ya..
The quality upgrade you'll get here will be pretty damn high i assume.
If it's legit snatch it up, you're getting a screamin' deal...FA Customs are quality units.
Matt Pike use's a First Act Custom Shop 9 String guitar as well as Mastodon's guitarist. And I think some hardcore band uses it.
They are quality guitars
If you guitar it and it legit, you will have something real nice.
well, good news bad news. I looked at the pics he sent me, and the inlays look suspiciously like the ones on the ce140... But it seems like there might be a few of the customs that have the same. If it is legit I'm definitely going for it, probably just reselling it, but i could still get alot more for then the schecter. :P Does anyone know if first act usually sends out some kind of documentation with their custom shops?
Post pics of it or a link
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by EFGuitar
Wrong.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Stryker636
Matt Pike use's a First Act Custom Shop 9 String guitar as well as Mastodon's guitarist. And I think some hardcore band uses it.
They are quality guitars
If you guitar it and it legit, you will have something real nice.

Pete from Sick of It All plays them and has/had a custom model you could buy. And they are great guitars, but is says FA on it so imediately most people go WalMart! I'd trade him in a heart beat.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, I'm pretty sure it wa one of the walmart ones then. I asked him about where he got it and he told me home depot. I'm willing to be this ISN'T a custom.
Quote by metalhead352
Well, I'm pretty sure it wa one of the walmart ones then. I asked him about where he got it and he told me home depot. I'm willing to be this ISN'T a custom.

Since when does Home Depot even sell guitars?

Yeah.... definitely not a custom.....
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dang, I was getting excited. Lol. Whatever. Thanks to eveyone who helped though.
Don't put it down just because it's a First Act. They make some great instruments.

http://www.firstact.com/Artists/Matt_Pike.aspx

He even plays this guitar over his Gibson LPs most of the time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It seems that they're very popular with Stoner Metal bands..... Mastodon (I know they're not all that stoner), Baroness, etc.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Could you ask him for the serial number, then email FA to verify it?
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by Raijouta
Don't put it down just because it's a First Act. They make some great instruments.

http://www.firstact.com/Artists/Matt_Pike.aspx

He even plays this guitar over his Gibson LPs most of the time.

I'm defenitely NOT knocking it for being a first act, I love mastodon and I've actually found a few fa's I liked. I just don't want to trade down that massively... like i said, if it was a legit custom shop I'd definitely be grabbing it. I'll try and get the pics he sent up anyways.

Quote by ecvMatt
Could you ask him for the serial number, then email FA to verify it?

I actually emailed them about that already, if they don't get back to me in a day or two I'm going to call them and see what they say.
Last edited by metalhead352 at Jun 5, 2011,

here's a few of what he sent me, if anyone wants another let me know, i might have it. I couldn't find any customs with the blue finish, but i did find the ce 140 with it...
Quote by metalhead352

here's a few of what he sent me, if anyone wants another let me know, i might have it. I couldn't find any customs with the blue finish, but i did find the ce 140 with it...

Ask him if you can play it first. You should be able to tell pretty quickly.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Flame me for saying so, but I don't even think their wal mart line is that bad. A Wal Mart First Act was my first guitar, and I played it semi-recently, and was actually surprised. The neck felt pretty nice.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Flame me for saying so, but I don't even think their wal mart line is that bad. A Wal Mart First Act was my first guitar, and I played it semi-recently, and was actually surprised. The neck felt pretty nice.

I've never played a First Act guitar from Walmart, but I have played two of their drumsets and they are without a doubt the worst drumsets ever made
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Just got an email back from firstact... definitely the ce.
Quote by metalhead352
Just got an email back from firstact... definitely the ce.

Woah... talk about a rip off & misrepresentation.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
No its not fishy. The First Act Custom Shop does very high quality work... so I heard :P

+1

that being said, you need to make sure that it's actually a custom shop one and not one of the cheapo ones. there are a lot of chancers around.

EDIT: yeah there you go. what a douche.

still, at least you were suspicious from the start. Pays to be suspicious.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

that being said, you need to make sure that it's actually a custom shop one and not one of the cheapo ones. there are a lot of chancers around.

EDIT: yeah there you go. what a douche.

still, at least you were suspicious from the start. Pays to be suspicious.

I'd loved to have been able to have a custom, the only one I've ever played is an explorer some random guy made and I made my own.
Thanks again to everyone who helped though.
yeah... you just need to be careful... a lot of scams work on the basis of giving you a deal you feel you can't pass, so that you almost feel like you're scamming the seller. It makes you throw your usual caution to the wind.

just pays to be careful... if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've never played a First Act guitar from Walmart, but I have played two of their drumsets and they are without a doubt the worst drumsets ever made

PROVE IT
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by metalhead352

WHAT?!? Home Depot? Wait a minute.....
edit.
Well congrats on not getting ripped off at least.
Last edited by dopelope at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
PROVE IT

The cymbals dented with a few hits and sounded like you were hitting a piece of sheet metal. The hi-hats were warped, the bass pedal fell apart and had no bracing on the bottom. The kick drum's wood was so soft that the pedal clamping onto the drum severely dented it without it even being attached super tightly. The heads dented super easy and just sounded horrible, replaced, the drums didn't sound too bad, but it was apparent that you were playing a cheap set
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com