Page 1 of 2
I haven't been for a few years, but that place is great... I miss being there. Anybody else love the place? there are some great places down there

Some of the beaches are awesome, and one of them would be Bedruthan Steps simply because of its' charismatic way down only problem is you can't go down if the tide is in very far and bad.

Of course, it's not all just sand and water. There are some other cool places to go such as castles (some people think they're boring, but I like them) and small villages which lead around to tops of cliffs and whatnot. Pretty awesome place, to be honest. The small villages are so peaceful... I actually wouldn't mind living in a small Cornish village that isn't too far from a town/city, but still close enough to the sea.

What are some of your favourite places in Cornwall? and would you go again? do you want to go for the first time?

Also, if anybody knows, there is a beach where there is a MASSIVE hole in the cliffs that is at the side of the beach. The hole is creepily high and big, just looking down it felt kinda... eugh... but it's what makes said beach awesome. What I am wondering is... does anybody know the name of that?

For anybody who has gone, what caravan park etc. did you stay at?

This will start a RIOT! in me
Last edited by Paramore. at Jun 5, 2011,
Cornish pastys from down there are near orgasmic.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Kynance Cove, one of the most southerly beaches in the UK, right on the tip of the lizard. Steep, narrow-cliffed beach, best surf in the known universe. Seriously, f*ck all of your irritating California surf meatheads - proper Cornish surf crashing in from the Atlantic into a thirty foot channel between the cliffs. That's real surfing.
We went down a couple of times and stayed in a little cottage, it's really nice

Shame now everyone my age tends to go down to Cornwall to get pissed up for a couple of days and they're ruining the coastal areas
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Jun 5, 2011,
I stayed in a small village there once a few years ago, can't remember the name though which is annoying. Think it began with P, and wasn't far from Truro but on the coast. Damn nice place.
Stood at land's end a few times too.

EDIT:

TS

That what you mean? At Trevose Head?
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jun 5, 2011,
Used to camp down in st ives bay. Felt good man.

Wanna go back now...
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Hardly ever been don't see the need. What exactly do they have to offer apart from the beach which I hate?

Plus best pasties I've eaten are from my town.
God I can't remember the last time I was in Cornwall, gotta be at least 14 years now.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

As a Lancastrian, i have to say I oppose of all this Pasty love. Pies > Pasties
Polzeath... epic surfing.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by andyscoot
As a Lancastrian, i have to say I oppose of all this Pasty love. Pies > Pasties

Breakfast Pasty > Any and all pies.

Perrenporth, Devon, was the place where the death rattle of my parents marrage came from. 2 weeks after returning, they split up and divorced when I was 16.

Lovely place though!
Quote by Moggan13
Perrenporth, Devon, was the place where the death rattle of my parents marrage came from. 2 weeks after returning, they split up and divorced when I was 16.

Lovely place though!

I think you mean Perranporth, Cornwall.

Awesome county. Not like I'm biased because I live there though.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by Sir Daniel
I think you mean Perranporth, Cornwall.

Awesome county. Not like I'm biased because I live there though.

Thats the one. I havn't been there for 5 years.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I stayed in a small village there once a few years ago, can't remember the name though which is annoying. Think it began with P, and wasn't far from Truro but on the coast. Damn nice place.
Stood at land's end a few times too.

EDIT:

TS

That what you mean? At Trevose Head?

yes... that place is weird to look down... what caused it, anyway?

and I could be wrong, and it may not be anywhere near Truro, but a village starting with P is Polperro. It's an old fashioned village with horse and carts. Is that it?
I. ****ing. Hate. Cornwall! (and Devon and what not) I've been there like 3 times and it just sucks ass, there is nothing to do.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by Paramore.
yes... that place is weird to look down... what caused it, anyway?

and I could be wrong, and it may not be anywhere near Truro, but a village starting with P is Polperro. It's an old fashioned village with horse and carts. Is that it?

It's awesome Shat my self the first time though because I nearly fell down it while taking pictures of the beach. It's where the sea eroded into the cliff face, so far...then the top of it collapsed down iirc.

Nah, I asked my friend and she said it was near Padstow. Which apparently isn't near Truro Little village called Trevone
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jun 5, 2011,
The British need to learn how to name things.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I live in Cornwall It's a nice place and i've been here for like 10 years now, surfings great although I haven't been in a while :/ I love Newquay I'm going to move away when i'm older though, probably to a city up country and will just come back to visit. It's not amazing for music don here, hence why I plan on moving.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Cornwall is Englands dick. And the Scilly islands are the jizz. Just sayin'

Jizz with palm trees.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
It's awesome Shat my self the first time though because I nearly fell down it while taking pictures of the beach. It's where the sea eroded into the cliff face, so far...then the top of it collapsed down iirc.

Nah, I asked my friend and she said it was near Padstow. Which apparently isn't near Truro Little village called Trevone

Whoa! haha. It's horrible to look down in I think

Hm, I think I've been to Trevone. I often stayed nearby Padstow when I went. Actually, oh my God! I looked on a map and it's right next to where I stayed at often ! also nope, Truro is like in the middle of Cornwall. At least that's how I try to remember it

To Lr-Mtb - that's a shame. I understand though. I would love to live there . Is it expensive where you live?
Quote by bradulator
The British need to learn how to name things.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Eh it's too far away to be worthwhile. There is also very little to do there besides outdoors activities.

If I were to go on a surfing holiday I'd go to California. Mainly because I can't surf and enjoy warm temperatures
Been there on holiday before, it's a gorgeous place. The pasties are wonderful. Would like to go back.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by The Chimney Man
St Ives, Padstow and Constantine Bay. The best parts!

Hmm, I have forgotten what Constantine Bay looks like for some reason . But Padstow is a weird one for me, can be boring, can be good. But having a chippy around stinking fish and crabs in buckets isn't an experience you will get many other places

Quote by Death_switch
Eh it's too far away to be worthwhile. There is also very little to do there besides outdoors activities.

If I were to go on a surfing holiday I'd go to California. Mainly because I can't surf and enjoy warm temperatures

I'm confused also there is stuff to do guys, everybody keep saying that haha. It's just like anywhere else to be honest and there are plenty of shops and whatnot too, it's like the midlands but cleaner, nicer, more happy, warmer, enjoyable AND memorable. Awesome place
Me and the ex went to Cornwall to see her half-sister last year. We stayed at her house in Porthcothan Bay, Padstow. Beautiful place.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Me and the ex went to Cornwall to see her half-sister last year. We stayed at her house in Porthcothan Bay, Padstow. Beautiful place.

Nice you know what's funny though? it seems there is a rule that you have to go to Padstow if you visit Cornwall, according to this thread
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Best fish and chips ever.

My family have never done the whole caravan thing (thankfully..) There are plenty of small places to rent right by the beach.

Mmm, yeah. Cornwall chippys = HEAVEN!

We mostly always did caravan holidays. Except we did shalleas (spelling) a few times. They're much better, to be honest.
Quote by Paramore.

I'm confused also there is stuff to do guys, everybody keep saying that haha. It's just like anywhere else to be honest and there are plenty of shops and whatnot too, it's like the midlands but cleaner, nicer, more happy, warmer, enjoyable AND memorable. Awesome place

I thought it was quite a deprived part of the country?

What I mean is if I were to go to Cornwall I'd have to drive there which would take me about six or seven hours (yawn) and I'd get bored quickly. The scenery I'll admit is beautiful but I am too shallow to take that into consideration and if I wanted a beach holiday (with surfing etc.) I'd go to California because to begin with I like the hot temperatures and enjoy cultural differences but mainly because next year I'll be earning enough money to make it possible

Not knocking the place it's just not for me. I am very particular when it comes to travelling and generally find myself bored if I stay in the UK. Again, not saying there is nowhere worth visiting here but I just find foreign travelling more exciting. This summer for example I will be going to Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and possibly Croatia. I just like moving around and trying new things.
Last edited by Death_switch at Jun 6, 2011,
Went to Bude not so long ago to visit a friend, its really different from where I live, so rural but awesome all the same. Should be going again soon, it is amazing down there.
And I didn't believe that the pasties would taste that different...I was wrong.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Page 1 of 2