RedFURR
Viva la what?
111 IQ
Probably been done to death but thought it would be interesting anyways.
Name an obscure recording that you think sounds like awesomeness.
(the definition of obscure is up each person, therefore please do not take issue with someone else's definition)
state as many as you wish per posting but try and give some info about the track/recording

To start:
McKenna Mendelson Mainline - One way ticket
A great track that can be found on McKenna Mendelson Mainline's first album Stink (1969)

Buckhead - A Real Diamond In The Rough
Track 2 - Big D's Touch
Beautiful album by the master of eccentric proving that even with a bucket on his head he can still hear pretty melodies and counter melodies.
Last edited by RedFURR at Jun 6, 2011,
alexbworth
Hardly ever posts anymore
767 IQ
Uh, Tom Vourtsis' album from this year should get way more recognition.
-

RedFURR
Viva la what?
111 IQ
Quote by jibran
Pieter Nooten and Michael Brook - Sleeps With the Fishes. Check it out.

Brilliant, thank you for introducing me, I've listened to their tracks I found on youtube for the last three hours or so. How did you stumble upon this gem? Check out Clint Mansell a Film Score composer, by no means is he obscure as his fanatical fan base is both large and devout, but his recordings have the same atmospheric beauty to them.

Another couple for the list

Not really a track, as yet, but jibran made me think of it... still fans of the aforementioned Clint Mansell will applaud this amazing cover of his most well know composition Lux Aeterna, Mr Gregory Johnson manages to capture the majestic atmosphere without losing the complexity of the piece.
Gregory Campbell Johnson - Lux Aeterna

Dragon Fly (1970)
Blue Monday
A confused band from the sixties striving too hard to please, is it Psychedelic or Mod. The vocals are ok, the drumming is better but its the tone of these guitars that are explosively time melting... be warned they will blow you back to 1968 faster than a flux capacitor fitted De Lorean.
Last edited by RedFURR at Jun 6, 2011,
jibran
UG
145 IQ
Quote by RedFURR
Brilliant, thank you for introducing me, I've listened to their tracks I found on youtube for the last three hours or so. How did you stumble upon this gem? Check out Clint Mansell a Film Score composer, by no means is he obscure as his fanatical fan base is both large and devout, but his recordings have the same atmospheric beauty to them.

Another couple for the list

Not really a track, as yet, but jibran made me think of it... still fans of the aforementioned Clint Mansell will applaud this amazing cover of his most well know composition Lux Aeterna, Mr Gregory Johnson manages to capture the majestic atmosphere without losing the complexity of the piece.
Gregory Campbell Johnson - Lux Aeterna

Woah, that is a brilliant take on the piece. He's done some brilliant work.

I can't really remember, I think I was just looking for some new ambient musicians to listen to and somehow I came across it on discogs.
RedFURR
Viva la what?
111 IQ
Quote by jibran
Woah, that is a brilliant take on the piece. He's done some brilliant work.

I can't really remember, I think I was just looking for some new ambient musicians to listen to and somehow I came across it on discogs.

Thank you. I will definitely have to check out this discogs you speak of, sounds like it may just be the hidden musical trove I've been searching for.

Quote by lookpizza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwRH08mxEA8

I'm surprised the regs haven't flooded this yet.

Yeah not as popular with the regs as I thought... Vulcan Death Grip... what a disjointed and confused track... Fantastic! a patch work quilt of fast paced adrenaline and slow glistening beauty. Those vocals especially that out of harmony lovesick ending, really begs that always poignant question... do you think you can love me! Can you tell me more about the band/track?
Last edited by RedFURR at Jun 7, 2011,
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Jesus man... that was the douchiest review I've ever heard. First year English student?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
RedFURR
Viva la what?
111 IQ
Quote by nashawa
Jesus man... that was the douchiest review I've ever heard. First year English student?

Wow man that means a lot from a guy who wrote this LOL... here's an idea buy a clock and keep your mouth shut until you have something worth saying
Last edited by RedFURR at Jun 8, 2011,
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
t
Quote by RedFURR
Thank you. I will definitely have to check out this discogs you speak of, sounds like it may just be the hidden musical trove I've been searching for.

Yeah not as popular with the regs as I thought... Vulcan Death Grip... what a disjointed and confused track... Fantastic! a patch work quilt of fast paced adrenaline and slow glistening beauty. Those vocals especially that out of harmony lovesick ending, really begs that always poignant question... do you think you can love me! Can you tell me more about the band/track?

http://oldgray.bandcamp.com/
I'm an asshole.
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Quote by RedFURR
Wow man that means a lot from a guy who wrote this LOL... here's an idea buy a clock and keep your mouth shut until you have something worth saying

Ahah. You don't understand the order of things around here.

Also, buy a clock? I don't understand the insult.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by BK202
Ahah. You don't understand the order of things around here.

Also, buy a clock? I don't understand the insult.

It has to do with one of the lines in the song (and an incredibly terrible joke on his part). The line is:

There's no clock inside my room
I use my own hands to tell time

But besides, this dude is just a wannabe journalist

Wannabe journalist < moderately successful songwriter.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Jun 8, 2011,
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Quote by nashawa
It has to do with one of the lines in the song (and an incredibly terrible joke on his part). The line is:

There's no clock inside my room
I use my own hands to tell time

Ohh now it makes more sense, I just assumed based on his other writings that it was a terribly formulated insult out of left field.
SumFX
The Terror Of Tinytown
2,506 IQ
Quote by RedFURR

I liked it

No need to be a dick.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Cheers man
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!