I'm the lucky new owner of a Peavey 6534+ but can you guys help me to connect my Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor to this baby. Okay I know all about how good the ISP Decimator is but I ain't got one so best not to go there please.

I want to the use the Amps own FX loop for my Delay and Chorus.
I want to use my MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive in front of the amp to use with the Rhythm Crunch Channel to boost it (like he does).

I have an EQ pedal for tone shaping but where to put this is doing my nut in.
The noise to supress is from my Overdrive Pedal and the Pre- Amp stage of the Amp itself when driven at high gain \m/.

The idea I had was to go Guitar > MXR Overdrive > NS2 In > NS2 Out > Amp
This would sort out the noise from the overdrive but would I need a separate NS2 to go in the loop just after the Amps FX Loop Send?

I've read about the Boss NS2 X Connection but have also read that this means the FX loop is also always on which also means you lose this feature on the amp. The NS2 wasn't designed to work BOTH before the amp and in the Amps own FX Loop so any ideas guys please?

Then there's the EQ pedal to consider which is very noisy.

Thanx
well the eq would go in the fx loop and id suggest only cutting frequencies you dont like instead of boosting ones you do because boosting will add noise i would also run the od in the fx loop of the ns2 because it cuts down on the noise better but if you cant get the isp id say get another ns2
and run it in the loop
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
ok, i funnily enough run almost the exact same setup.

for me i have 6534, boss NS-2, boss tuner, and a boss metalzone soon to be replaced by a tubescreamer.

i run guitar-tuner-metalzone-ns2 input. from there i put the return from the ns2 into the input of the amp.

then i run the fx loop from the send from fx loop into ns2 send and ns2 output into fx loop return.

with this setup you can turn the fx loop on and off with the footswitch, while keeping the signal chain infront of the amp.your delay would take some firguring out tho for its placement. but when you do you will be able to footswitch the fx loop/ns2 and delay while keep your OD infront of the amp at all times

but you need the 6534+ footswitch for this to work
Thanx for that advice.
That's the X Configuration isn't it? From what I've researched the NS2 can use this but is not really made to do both the pedal and the preamp and the compromise is poorer tone?

I've read that an NS2 before the amp and an ISP decimator pedal after the preamp is the way to go.
Any thoughts guys?
it does suck tone a bit, but its not too bad. and yes thats the x pattern.

but 2 different noisegates would be best, but i cannot afford that, so this is good enough
yeah if you have the ns2 use the x-pattern...

i guess you lose the ability to switch the loop on and off (if you want to retain noise reduction), but it's just one of those things...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
but if you have the footswitch on this amp, you maintain your fx loop, you just lose noise suppression of the preamp when its off.
yeah that's what i meant
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?