Hey everyone! I was hired to play the synthesizer parts for a local pit orchestra, and though I am a piano player, I am much more proficient with guitar and I was told that it was up to me and that I could use guitar if I can play the same parts and sound similar. I was planning on purchasing a new guitar soon, an evh wolfgang copy with humbuckers, and I have a bunch of pedals and I could maybe buy some new pedals to accomplish the sounds that I need. Do you guys have any recommendations upon how I can get warm pad sounds and just a variety of things that a synthesizer could do? I was thinking about maybe getting a line 6 fm4 to borrow or a cheap used one, but if it's possible to accomplish sounds of this nature in another, more cost effective way, that would be awesome. I plan on running the keyboard into the amp as well and playing both guitar and keyboard. I thought maybe combining a cheap talk box with volume pedal and chorus, delay, maybe a little fuzz, I could get a variety of cool synth sounds. If you'd like a list of my current gear to get a better idea of what I can work with, let me know.

Thanks for reading!
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

Schecter Stiletto Studio-4

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
Look into Roland's guitar synth pedals. I can't remember the exact name of the model, but the newest one is supposed to be pretty bad-ass, and it got a very positive review in Guitarist magazine a few issues back.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
I saw that pedal and I wanted it so badly, but it's just so expensive! I don't have $700 to drop for a gig that I'm getting $300 for.
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
Quote by pedrothelion123
I saw that pedal and I wanted it so badly, but it's just so expensive! I don't have $700 to drop for a gig that I'm getting $300 for.

If they have a keyboard synth for you to use, do that. Otherwise, if you don't have the equipment for the gig, don't take it
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
I mean I have a nord electro III, so I can use the electric piano sounds on that and I'm capable of learning the parts on it for the show, but I would just rather use a guitar. besides, they also hired me for photography, so either way I have to take the gig, haahha!
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2
MXR 76 DynaComp
If by synthesizer you mean like ambientish get a volume pedal delay and reverb. You know what to do with those. :P
hahah I do sort of know what I'm doing, but do you guys have any insight into how I could get maybe a rhodesy or 80s electric piano kind of vibe? If any of you have heard the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee soundtrack, that's the synth part that I was hired for. It can all be replaced by real instruments, but it enlarges the size of the pit like tenfold so they just go with one synth.
Ventura Howard Roberts
Epiphone Wildkat
G&L Blondie
Martin 000M

BOSS BD-2
BOSS TU-2
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Boss DD7
EHX Small Clone
Digitech Hardwire SC-2