Ive been trying to get rid of my edge III for quite a while now. Its been on my Ibanez and I have the burning desire to get rid of it. I know an OFR fits perfectly into it, but what about the floyd rose from guitar fetish?

The one Im looking at is this one here: http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-BLACK-Super-Heavy-Duty-Floyd-Rose-trem-BRASS-STEEL_p_510.html

It seems like it'd be a decent fit, so my questions are :

Has anyone bought from this site before?
Has anyone tried that bridge and if so, was it decent enough?
Will it fit my Ibanez?
I've ordered a pickup from them, they are a good website. Click the contact us button and send them an email and ask if the dimensions are the same as the original floyd roses.
I seriously doubt any hardware from GFS will be better than what you have.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Dude come on. Its an Edge III. Even with it being blocked, it still cant stay in tune.. @_@
Most likely user error. Sure the trem wears out a lot faster than most trems, but it should have no problem staying in tune as long as it's set up correctly. How long have you been using it?

Also, if you have to replace your trem anyway, I strongly suggest you save up and actually upgrade, rather than just moving to another crappy trem. You can get OFRs on ebay for like $150.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I seriously doubt any hardware from GFS will be better than what you have.

+1

I strongly agree with Offworld here... while I understand their business model, there is only a limit to the quality they can provide on a price.

I find most of their products of average quality. Some are better than others, but still essentially a budget brand.

Quote by Offworld92
Also, if you have to replace your trem anyway, I strongly suggest you save up and actually upgrade, rather than just moving to another crappy trem. You can get OFRs on ebay for like $150.

Moving away from an Edge III to a GFS is essentially like moving from average to average.Unless you're changing the LFR before for whatever reason you like the GFS more, fine. Otherwise, save up for an OFR.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
My guitar was in used condition when I bought it, it was like new but that was about a year ago. Im 99% sure the angle of the bridge is set up properly, and I dont even do divebombs or anything. It still goes out, slightly on each string, after about 10 minutes of playing, and its enough to make a chord sound off.
Quote by Baconator1228
I just ordered one of these. I'l let you know how it is when it arrives.
http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83&products_id=220

Just got it today. This thing kicks ass if you are willing to spend $250 on a tremolo. If not, you should at least get a big block for $45. It adds so much more tone and sustain. You will have to carve out some wood on the inside of your guitar in order to get full movement, but it is worth every penny.