So I've got this pretty mean sounding Fender Hot Rod Deluxe all tube combo. Loud as @#!!&# at 3 and it goes to 12!
But that's beside the point.
Could I use it as a cab for let's say either a Marshall JCM 800 or a Mesa Rectifier?
Depends on what the speaker(s) are rated at.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah, that'll work as long as the impedances match between the amp and the cab. I don't recall if the Deluxe has a selector switch to choose the impedance though. I'd recommend a Mesa cab over a Marshall though, at least if they're stock speakers, as the Mesa's speakers will likely be better voiced for your amp.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Last edited by Ferrets! at Jun 5, 2011,
Yes if the impedance and wattage will work. Also you'll have to unplug the the speakers from the amp and wire them to a jack socket to plug another amp into it, unless it is already set up like that.
Quote by Sampy
Yes if the impedance and wattage will work. Also you'll have to unplug the the speakers from the amp and wire them to a jack socket to plug another amp into it, unless it is already set up like that.
I dunno if the Deluxe is wired like that, but I know the Hot Rod Deville is.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
The Deville is the same as the Deluxe just, bigger. The thing's got two jacks for I'm guessing speaker outs. One has a cable plugged in which I'm assuming is running to the 1x12 speaker housed in there.
I've done this with my DeVille, but had to use a f/f connector to lengthen the speaker cable to reach the head. The DeVille is wired at 4 ohms (mine was), but you should defintely double check regardless of what anyone or any spec says.

So, you unplug the combo speaker from the combo amp, then plug it into a 4ohm output from your other amp.