I recently thought of building guitars from scratch, guitar parts, refinishing the body and neck, and selling the guitar at a possible profit. Do you think that it would work if I used good parts and put a good quality finish on the guitar, or do you think it would be better to advertise for custom refinishing?
It all depends on your location and your skill level. I build guitars as well and while the profit is decent it is not near enough to make a living off of. there are, like any business, dry seasons. I also don't sell for a whole lot as i don't think my products are all that great. People just like home made stuff in my area
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
Guitarists, in general, are some of the biggest brand *****s out there. Basically you're going to need to build a name for yourself at a hobbyist level before you can even think about making a living out of it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
how about you try it first, then think about it. Its not as easy as it looks to get something you can sell.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
im kinda curious about this too, could you go and work for some big brand names custom shop if you go good enough or something?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
well, my dads a carpenter (hobbyist) but he does sell some stuff and he gets requests sometimes. However, he has a "day job." He always says what he would have to charge for a table or whatever to make it worth his while is way more expensive than anyone would pay. Think about it, you dont only buy the parts and make them all purdy, etc. in one night. it takes a bit and every hour you do that is an hour you arent making money doing something else. so, youd have to compensate. id expect something like 25 bucks an hour for good carpentry work. i could refinish a neck in a weekend, only sanding down the old stuff and putting new stuff on it that is. a whole weekends work for a single neck (unless i get a few necks then i guess id do like 4 at a time). probably around 30 something hours provided the stain and clear coat or whatever dries in a timely fashion.

you gotta remember the world likes ikea haha not homemade
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful