I have done a chord progression...

Now how i do solo for this rythm?

cumpz
Play a guitar solo over the rhythm..
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Play scales and arpeggios as fast as humanly possible. Also, add in a vh tapping section just to make sure you have all the bases of a good solo covered.
Quote by Warrior47
Play scales and arpeggios as fast as humanly possible. Also, add in a vh tapping section just to make sure you have all the bases of a good solo covered.

Not all solo's have to be fast as humanly possible. A solo can be four notes long.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Quote by Warrior47

This and be sure to use your wah pedal
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Identify the key, play the appropriate scale.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Metallicuh
This and be sure to use your wah pedal

And play it loud enough so that you don't hear the rythm to distract anyone from your death-shred-wah solo
oh my god.....

This place is turning into the pit!
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Find the key, start on the major scale, dance around with the modes a little bit, bend some strings, cool down.
Quote by meco66
I have done a chord progression...

Now how i do solo for this rythm?

cumpz

All you need to do, is look at the chords that you are using. Determine an appropriate key or tonal center, and it's tonality bas far as if its major or minor. From there use a scale appropriate and play things that sound good to you. Use your ears to determine what works and what doesn't.

Good luck!

Sean
Quote by musicman14579
Find the key, start on the major scale, dance around with the modes a little bit, bend some strings, cool down.

I guess I should add something. Umm, could you please give an example of how you would do this, say in a i - V - iv - VII chord progression? I'm sure you know what that is because you have a firm grasp on basic theory.
Soundcloud
I know learning to solo was kinda hard for me. getting the solo sound improvising and such. Using your ears is most critical. It wasnt till i stopped trying to play such hard stuff and focus mainly on the sounds to lead my way.

I learned alot of songs by ear which seems to help me improve more and more sound wise.

So if you dont think your doing very well with the soloing. try taking a break and learning something by ear.
Okay Im not sure if Im the one to listen to, but when Im improvising or writing a lead/solo, I will usually find one note that sounds good over the rhythm, hold it for a while, and then branch it to notes close by and determine which ones sound good; you should be able to hear it and know when a note is out of key (although you can experiment with those notes, it depends on the sound/feel youre going for). Then, I guess I just do that in different positions, and you get used to what notes to be playing over certain chords. Thats sort of a noob to noob advice haha
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Okay Im not sure if Im the one to listen to, but when Im improvising or writing a lead/solo, I will usually find one note that sounds good over the rhythm, hold it for a while, and then branch it to notes close by and determine which ones sound good; you should be able to hear it and know when a note is out of key (although you can experiment with those notes, it depends on the sound/feel youre going for). Then, I guess I just do that in different positions, and you get used to what notes to be playing over certain chords. Thats sort of a noob to noob advice haha

That's actually a great example of how people approach writing parts without a knowledge of music theory. That's not meant to be an insult, it's just a great explanation of the thought processes when creating a part in key with the music, without knowing how or why it's in-key, instead hearing it through trial and error.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
That's actually a great example of how people approach writing parts without a knowledge of music theory. That's not meant to be an insult, it's just a great explanation of the thought processes when creating a part in key with the music, without knowing how or why it's in-key, instead hearing it through trial and error.

The only complaint I have to this approach is that the music dictates itself through gradually revealing what works, its like random music location; the listener doesn't have the depth of creative control, its more like "Oh this works I guess I'll use it". Not good for bringing what's on the inside to the music side, unless you spend a lot of time evaluating every note choice till the melody you had in your head matches up to it.

Sean
Quote by Attenuare
Not all solo's have to be fast as humanly possible. A solo can be four notes long.

Solos*

And he was just joking.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.