Are they ruining anyone else's Summer?

They're so bad here I can't enjoy doing anything outside. As soon as I open the door they swarm my head and start biting me. If I stay out there for more than five minutes I will have dozens of swollen, bloody gnat bites all over my body.

So, anyone have an ideas on how to singlehandedly kill off an entire species of insect?
Kill it with fire... it could work . But my Summer annoyance is midges. That is why I have sellotape on the back of my monitor
This will start a RIOT! in me
Why not invest in some high deet content bug spray?

Eat match tips (seriously)

Stand near a fire and get the smell of smoke on you

etc
My God, it's full of stars!
Gnats can suck it. So can flies.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Been said but... what the menstruating hell kind of gnats BITE you man?
You must live in Venezuela or Madagascar or something.
alright man i feel you ther. i have a theory that the weather in my area hatched all their eggs but im glad its not just me thats annoyed by the little a**holes. i mean seriously what do they want from me? why do they bite?
i have also been trying to find ways to kill the little dudes but they are so small you usually dont notice them until they are on you
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by ethan_hanus
How on Earth are gnats biting you? I didn't know they could bite....seeing that they are the size of a pin head.

You must have mutated zombie gnats or somethings, I recommend a flamethrower.

They're violent little bastards. They actually leave visible bite holes.

I hope they aren't laying their eggs in me or something.

Quote by Dreadnought
Why not invest in some high deet content bug spray?

Eat match tips (seriously)

Stand near a fire and get the smell of smoke on you

etc

Bug spray doesn't keep them off. Usually the mosquitos are bad here this time of year and bug spray works on them, but I've literally only seen a few of them.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Jun 5, 2011,
Sweden's urban areas are generally pretty (flying) bug free. Here in Gothenburg I very rarely see a mosquitoe and even more rarely gnats and the like. Up north in the rural areas they're everywhere though. Up at my grandparent's farm they swarm you if you go outside when you're out in the woods during the night.

There's a couple of remedies working with mosquitoes and gnats, but I forgot what. A pretty recent experiment was very efficient and didn't use an excess of chemicals, but I forgot what they called it.

Quote by Paramore.
Kill it with fire... it could work . But my Summer annoyance is midges. That is why I have sellotape on the back of my monitor

I read that as midgets at first
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by El3ment380
I hate gnats. They swarm only your face for some reason.

Reason = the face has the most amount of vascularity (ie blood) so close to the surface of the skin

Your face is also at prime gnat level
Last edited by Dreadnought at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by BurningStarlV

I hope they aren't laying their eggs in me or something.

I honestly don't think they are gnats then, cause I've never heard of gnats actually biting someone.
Quote by Kensai
I read that as midgets at first

Yeah, dinky little rascals always trying to ruin my fun and annoy me by climbing in to my screen
My hair devours all insects flying in close proximity to my head. It also makes a handy storage place for objects under 200lbs.

Of course, I still feel your gnat problems, as I refuse to wear pants when taking manly strolls down the fields I've stripped of forest by myself in order to build a giant water slide that is at least five miles away from the nearest water source.
Some people use quotations,
Some people are just perverse,
Some people have ironic machinations,
But I'll just break into verse!
Quote by Twist of fate
I literally inhaled a mouthful of them once when I was skateboarding.

I've done the same except I was biking instead of skateboarding. Not my first choice for dinner.
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I live in africa alright?

Be glad you don't have to deal with friggin' Rhinos this time of year.

I hope they aren't laying their eggs in me or something. QUOTE]

They do. They lay their eggs in your flesh, usually behind your ear, victims have been known to have been kept up at night by the sound of the larve eating the flesh inside their own head.

And I thought cicadas just sat in trees and chirped non stop?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
They only seem to swarm over foot paths and every other place that has foot traffic.

Bastards
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by darkcheef
Just be happy you don't have to deal with cicadas

They don't bite do they? All I know is that they're loud as ****.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Guys gnats do bite, they're small but really itchy (like a mosquito bite).

They're attracted to your sweat
Check out my fitness blog here
This thread and TS can go suck it, I am itching now.
Quote by maiden_man_666
Guys gnats do bite, they're small but really itchy (like a mosquito bite).

They're attracted to your sweat

I think your referring to chiggers. If gnats do bite, then they've never bitten me, and I spend alot of time outdoors in the country, cause, well, I live in Texas.

Don't be haten.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I think your referring to chiggers. If gnats do bite, then they've never bitten me, and I spend alot of time outdoors in the country, cause, well, I live in Texas.

Don't be haten.

Chiggers are like ticks, aren't they?

These are definitely gnats. And they're definitely biting the fuck out of me.
Gnats do bite, we get them in the southwest a lot. I wasn't aware they had them in the Mid-west. Bug spray usually works on them here though.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by ethan_hanus

Don't be haten.

He's probably talking about sandgnats/sandflies/no-see-um's, which definitely bite.
Quote by BurningStarlV
Chiggers are like ticks, aren't they?

These are definitely gnats. And they're definitely biting the fuck out of me.

Not really, you don't want a tick, ticks are annoying, and will prolly freak you out once you find one on you.

Chiggers are in the grass and stuff, and they bite you and make you itch.

You must have like, baby skin or something, cause I've never heard of anyone being bitten by gnats. No offense.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Not really, you don't want a tick, ticks are annoying, and will prolly freak you out once you find one on you.

Chiggers are in the grass and stuff, and they bite you and make you itch.

You must have like, baby skin or something, cause I've never heard of anyone being bitten by gnats. No offense.

Read above you
Yeah, gnats indeed bite here in England. Also, flies are just that... flies. BUT they are equally as annoying. Flies only fly INTO your face! sometimes nearly get in your eye. Not only that, but they seem to hang around in the bathroom or my room a lot...
Quote by Paramore.
Yeah, gnats indeed bite here in England. Also, flies are just that... flies. BUT they are equally as annoying. Flies only fly INTO your face! sometimes nearly get in your eye. Not only that, but they seem to hang around in the bathroom or my room a lot...

Well, maybe your just smelly. Flies like smelly places, so that's a logical assumption...right?

Ever seen a horse fly?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, maybe your just smelly. Flies like smelly places, so that's a logical assumption...right?

Ever seen a horse fly?

I've seen some big ass horse flies around.

This is usually how I have to deal with them.

*horse fly*
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by BurningStarlV
I've seen some big ass horse flies around.

This is usually how I deal with them.

*horse fly*

I think the heat killed off most of the horse flies down here, don't see to many of them, but the yellow jackets, dirt dobbers, and hornets, they must be getting it on or something cause it's like an infestation of em down here.
dowse your head in kerosene then smoke a cigarette, that will keep them away
Metalheads see through the corporate and political candy store bs proliferated by the media and powers that be, we want the truth, we want respect, and we pwn your face weaklings!! ROCK HARD RIDE FREE!!