Alright.. So I lucked out on craigslist. Someone was looking to get rid of an old amp, he doesn't play guitar, for money or trades. I happened to be moving, and had some relatively worthless coins leftover from a person I'm happy to forget about. They were worth about $200 total. So i Emailed him and snagged this. Perfect condition, seriously. All original, and I'm hesitant to get it recapped just because I don't want ANYTHING to change about this sound haha.

I actually have some questions about it if anyone could help. The tube chart was faded so I couldn't grab the serial off that, but the one on the chassis A 54787 dated it to 69 if I'm right, but there was also a 67 placed somewhere back there by the on off switch somewhat. Any ideas what that means? I'm not to keen on old fenders, so which circuit does that make this? Thanks a lot guys..

Review: It seriously sounds beautiful, I know the silver faces catch some flack compared to the tweeds and black faces.. But I love it. It is loud, but actually breaks up sooner than you would think. I was lucky enough to crank in to 10, and it was honestly unbelievable. It is a classic rock machine haha. I've only had the chance to boost it with a crappy ds-1 but even that made it sing.

Clips: I will upload some proper clips later, but i used it in a small gig yesterday so at 1:55 and beyond you can hear it ( louder, because I boosted it for the solo) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRK9dt8hB8&feature=channel_video_title

and 1:59 here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yRlmSkDrQQ&feature=channel_video_title

But yeah seriously any info on this would be great, I know a decent bit about it, but I'm not to sure. Also, the guy gave me an old peavey cab I guess his uncle or someone had used for bass its loaded with a 15 which I'm playing through now, and two 8's which I haven't hooked up yet because I'm not sure how to wire the crossover. I know thats not usually done with guitar cabs, so any have any experience with it and would it be worth it to wire up?

Don't mind the shitty pics/ my feet.

Cab and head

with guitar

Last edited by Fender/marshall at Jun 5, 2011,
Sweet pickup man. That thing would really shine through a decent cab.

Congrats!

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
looks like a silverface bassman.

you'll have to find the circuit id or look inside to figure out what circuit it is exactly.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by ethan_hanus
You should really clean up your....er, whatever it is your storing that amp in.

Nice find, $200 to, lucky.

Hahah thats the garage, and thanks.. But yeah i have to take it outside to crank it and not deafen myself.
Quote by AcousticMirror
looks like a silverface bassman.

you'll have to find the circuit id or look inside to figure out what circuit it is exactly.

Yeah, the tube chart had worn off basically, so I am going by the chassis serial, which dated it to 69 according to some website i found. But to the left of the serial, there is a 67' on the chassis, I don't know what that means. What exactly would I look for inside to find out the circuit? I am rather unfamiliar with these.

Also, the chassis serial is A:54787 if you know anything about that.
Trim your strings.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
In Kingston there was a guitarist just up the street from our building who would jam on the street corner for cash.

I threw a pair of wire cutters in his guitar case and told him to trim the strings and I might consider paying him.

True story.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
In Kingston there was a guitarist just up the street from our building who would jam on the street corner for cash.

I threw a pair of wire cutters in his guitar case and told him to trim the strings and I might consider paying him.

True story.

Lol well like thats a cool story bro... But no really whats your deal with trimming strings?
Quote by Fender/marshall
Lol well like thats a cool story bro... But no really whats your deal with trimming strings?

It looks kinda trashy dude, and two, if you've ever almost had your eye almost poked out by someones untrimmed strings, you'd be concerned about it too.

Plus, it just looks more professional when you trim your strings, and it looks all nice, especially since you got a nice rig going there for ya.
you sat on your car to get the pic?

thats dedication!

i'd find a way to get the 8" speakers wired in. what ohm is the 15" rated?

i'm almost certain the head is 4 ohm.

hnad
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'd wish you a HNAD, but I cannot forgive for the inclusion of your foot in the last photo.
dude clip your strings, it's not a mideval weapon ffs.

Quote by ethan_hanus
It looks kinda trashy dude, and two, if you've ever almost had your eye almost poked out by someones untrimmed strings, you'd be concerned about it too.

Plus, it just looks more professional when you trim your strings, and it looks all nice, especially since you got a nice rig going there for ya.

Hahah i guess you're kinda right.. Some of the most painful cuts ( albeit the size of a pinhole) have been from strings.
Damn it...I've been looking for a cheap Bassman...

HNAD
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by bubb_tubbs

True story.

soooooo...

did he?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
soooooo...

did he?

I'm not sure. I just did it for the lulz with a pair of cutters I didn't want, so I didn't bother to pay attention to him again afterwards.

do you keep it hidden in the garbage so your neighbors aren't sure if you are throwing it all out?

more arial shots!
Put some freaking shoes on, that's disgusting. Why does every gear picture have disgusting feet?
Quote by RHCPFitz
Put some freaking shoes on, that's disgusting. Why does every gear picture have disgusting feet?

Hahahah umad?
One of my teachers in school got a Bassman for free. He was this old guys garage sale and saw the bassman in the garage and he asked if he could have it and the guy said sure it doesnt work.
Just needed a new fuse haha
Wish i was that lucky
anyway HNAD!!!!
in the last picture it looks like you are giving birth to the les paul and the bassman is the doctor
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣