So I've been trying to decide which OD pedal to buy, and I've came across 3 potentials. I have an American strat and a Dean Markley K50 amp. Here's what I'm considering:

1. Ibanez TS 9
2. Deltalab TO-1
3. Fulltone OCD

What do you guys think/do you have any experience with any of these?
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

depends what you're after.

The TS-9 has less gain and is a bit brighter sounding than the OCD i guess. Can be used as a boost better. The OCD is better on its own though.

Never played the delta.
mojostompboxes.com
The TS9 is a great boost pedal, it's well known for a reason. The Deltlab is meh. The OCD is a great pedal, I've owned one, but it's better to be used alone on a clean amp. Not the best boost, but for straight drive it's great.
Are you going to use distortion on the Dean Markley? Because in my experience the OCD DOES work better with a really clean amp, and it sludges up rather readily on high-gain settings. I prefer the GT500.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
I'm using a clean tone on my amp, and prefer to get most of my drive from the OD pedal, if that helps
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

Depends on what you need. Are you using it solely as a boost, or are you actually using it for the OD?

For the former, the TS9 is great, but a waste of money compared to the (now discontinued) TS7.

For the latter, I think Boss ODs are better - in particular I think the OS-2 is really cool.

I'm sure others are better, but I don't have personal experience with anything else.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah i love my boss os2. the amount of sounds and control on it are unparalleled for anything in its price range. adding one little color (OD/ DIST mix knob) really changes the game. pretty much makes all other boss drives/distortions sound like garbage.

however, it does have its own tone, and i dont find the OD ONLY (all the way over, so just od, no mix) to be not that great. kinda muddy. i almost never use just Overdrive on it.
with that being said, it would be great to use as a drive channel on a clean amp, but NOT as a overdrive pedal solely.

a true quality overdrive doesnt color the sound too much. mostly adds a smooth drive enough to push the amp and get the tubes going - hence tube driver.

from what i have seen i would go OCD. souns great, and its ORIGINAL. something new. everybody has a ibanex brand screamer. it gets so old to see fender amps, fender strats, tubescreamers, et all the darn time. do people shop around for other crap anymore? so many great products on the market.
if you want to do it right, and have all of the possibility, i would go with a fulltone GT500, yes it does have 'distortion' on it as one of its functions, but it sounds killer over a clean platform, and the OD side is great as well.

the thing that makes the 'distortion' side so usable is that it has the most broad voicing thanks to a very tweakable mid knob, supposedly that is due to the fasel inductor, but

so i say go and at least try a GT500 if you can. i should have bought one instead of my OCD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Stay the hell away from Delta. OCD or TS-9. It depends on what you are going for. The OCD will "color" your tone a lot more than the TS9.
Quote by JustRooster
If you're going to get a TS, get the TS808 and get the good old sound.

FFS. The TS9 is the same god damn pedal.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

Pretty much this. I mean, really, if you look at the schematics, all of the TSs are almost identical. That's why I always recommend the TS7. Why pay so much for the TS9, when it's for all intents and purposes the same thing.

I have a feeling this is why Ibanez discontinued the 7 series...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by mmolteratx

nuhuh! two resistors difference is not identical. **** man, get a clue.
mojostompboxes.com