Page 1 of 2
Most of us have probably heard a dubstep. the sound is very unique. i was coming home from school one day when i passed a house with a window open, i already knew a band rehearsed there but the guitarist sounded like the dubstep sound. does anyone know how to make this sound? i could see the guitarist in the window playing it so i know it was wasnt a speaker or something.

ANYONE THAT CAN FIND OUT HOW TO MAKE THIS SOUND PLEASE POST HERE!

thanks...
need a low pass filter pedal, I imagine its quite an easy wah pedal mod.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by Lee Makky
Most of us have probably heard a dubstep. the sound is very unique. i was coming home from school one day when i passed a house with a window open, i already knew a band rehearsed there but the guitarist sounded like the dubstep sound. does anyone know how to make this sound? i could see the guitarist in the window playing it so i know it was wasnt a speaker or something.

ANYONE THAT CAN FIND OUT HOW TO MAKE THIS SOUND PLEASE POST HERE!

thanks...

Use your guitar as a midi controller

And what exactly is this dubstep sound you speak of?
Quote by Duffman123
Use your guitar as a midi controller

And what exactly is this dubstep sound you speak of?

warbwarbsqreechwubwubwubwaaaahwubwubwubwaaaah

probably
A low pass filter, reverb, light modulation; chorus, flange, phase, etc.

Athough I have no idea if how you could pull this off with a live guitar, a Low Frequency Oscillator; something to make the 'wub wub' sounds found in dubstep and automation patterns; hard to explain but it pretty much just something that automates changes in pitch, volume, cutoff, resonance, etc.

Dubstep is created with Digital Audio Workstations such as FL Studio, Reason, and Ableton and the sounds come from heavily processed sample clips of really anything.

To process a live guitar with typical dubstep effects is something I have been putting some serious thought too and I would be interested in any feedback on the subject.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Last edited by Attenuare at Jun 5, 2011,
..a synth pedal?
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
If you want that glitchy sound you'd probably need more than one signal path, since it's achieved by using a lot of small samples of different instruments.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by smokeysteve22
Just record a sample and use a LFO on a sampler or get a low pass filter pedal.

Simple as that

I think he's talking about processing it live.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Probably an octaver and a wah pedal, or a voicebox/yaya pedal type thing. Could be anything really.

Other possibilties are a tremolo effects pedal or an envelope filter pedal.
Last edited by RPGoof at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123
Remember to play at 140bpm

Attenuare likes this.
Last edited by Attenuare at Jun 5, 2011,
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

I think bass is more suited to making that sound than guitar. You need a compressor, wah and lots of gain and presence.
Quote by Attenuare
Attenuare likes this.

TS should also listen to the advice you gave, but in reality playing trying to play dubstep on a guitar is a very silly idea.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Jun 5, 2011,
Ive been wanting to try this on bass. Octaver to envelope filter to fuzz/distortion. With some harsh tremolo every now and then.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
I have a friend who's thinking of getting a whammy bar on his bass to do dubstep type lines.

Is OP talking about synthy lead sounds or the wobbly bass sounds?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TheBurningFish
I have a friend who's thinking of getting a whammy bar on his bass to do dubstep type lines.

Is OP talking about synthy lead sounds or the wobbly bass sounds?

Tell your friend not too, since that's not going to work.

I'm guessing he's talking about these deafening sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_odIvVIBE&feature=relmfu

But I could be wrong, he might be talking about Digital Mystikz
Maybe there's a way that you can run your signal through a DAW and then tweak it with LFO to make the wobbles.
Quote by Duffman123
Tell your friend not too, since that's not going to work.

I'm guessing he's talking about these deafening sounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_odIvVIBE&feature=relmfu

But I could be wrong, he might be talking about Digital Mystikz

Why not? Seems like it would make sense for drops and pitch wobbles.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Why not? Seems like it would make sense for drops and pitch wobbles.

Because dubstep relies heavily on LFO manipulation to get those wobble sounds as already stated in the thread. But hey if he wants to try it I'm not stopping him.
It's sad how the mainstream dubstep has such a big impact on every ones thought about it
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Duffman123
Because dubstep relies heavily on LFO manipulation to get those wobble sounds as already stated in the thread. But hey if he wants to try it I'm not stopping him.

Well he'd do that too. I thought it was implied that he wasn't retarded.

Quote by Axeaman
It's sad how the mainstream dubstep has such a big impact on every ones thought about it

Sadly I didn't listen to it when it wasn't infected by bro's and their filth Everyone thinks it about screeches and wubs, oh well me and you can still enjoy the good stuff
Quote by WishfulShredder
why is anyone taking the op seriously...

Because it was a serious question. Goddamn let him do his thing..
Why would you actually want to play dubstep on the guitar? I know that shit is all the rage, but it's doesn't take a lot to play it. If you wanna stand out, don't play dubstep.
First thing you want to do is purchase a bass.

Then when you can make it do in a live setting, let me know.
As being to a dubstep concert I can tell you with certainty that dubstep is driven by the bass and low beats.
I shit when my pants when that shit dropped.

If you can get that kind of frequency response out of a guitar rig.... well props to you.

Love the Low end
Page 1 of 2