Page 1 of 2
This is the second issue of UG Amplified, the community webzine. It’s written and produced entirely by UGers recruited from the forums, and can showcase the extensive creative and intellectual prowess of ordinary users.

The first issue was a great success, and a team of more than 20 people have been hard at work to bring you this second one.

Anyone can write for Amplified - just sign up here.

blue_strat
Editor

amplified.editor@gmail.com

- - - LINK - - -

Cover artwork by henrihell.

Issue 01
Last edited by blue_strat at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777
looks great! good job to everyone who contributed!

Pretty sweet lick you had in there.
It was my privilege
I love this so much.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Good work everyone, I'm proud of this issue.
It can only get better from here!

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'twas a dream
Why is there no bass-anything related? This website isn't just full of guitarists.
pinga
pretty sweet good job guys
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Cb4rabid
Why is there no bass-anything related? This website isn't just full of guitarists.

Because no bassists submitted anything.

We don't have staff writers - any UGer who wants to submit a piece for an issue does so.
Quote by blue_strat
Because no bassists submitted anything.

We don't have staff writers - any UGer who wants to submit a piece for an issue does so.

Hm. I'll refer this to the bass forum and see if they want to contribute.
pinga
I'll contribute to bass thingynesswhatever. Though I've no idea what/how to contribute. Reading through the issue posted maybe an advice article on "how to start playing bass guitar", choosing, buying, playing, approach, etc. Is that the sort of thing?
Wood doesn't affect tone. Grow up.
I'm ashamed to say I had tor read the OP three times before I found the link to it....
Needs more pics...

But it was pretty good.

Can you add something in there about user's and good community music, and maybe have features from these Pit contest winners and runner-ups? It'd be nice to give a bit more reward to those people who might not necessarily add a ton to the forums in the way of posting, but grow the community with creativity and talent.
Stuckied.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by L2112Lif
Needs more pics...

But it was pretty good.

Can you add something in there about user's and good community music, and maybe have features from these Pit contest winners and runner-ups? It'd be nice to give a bit more reward to those people who might not necessarily add a ton to the forums in the way of posting, but grow the community with creativity and talent.

I sent the boss the results of the latest UG Top 100. Other than that, we just need somebody to feed details of those Pit contests to our group.
Quote by L2112Lif
Stoki'd.

Stuckud.

And woo we're up! Nicely done everyone, looking forward to #3!

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Quote by Colohue
I sent the boss the results of the latest UG Top 100. Other than that, we just need somebody to feed details of those Pit contests to our group.

Okay, there are two that I know are running ATM (I haven't followed the Pit's constant stream of guitar contests)

There's one open-instrument (OI) contest, and one vocal contest. The OI is categorized by difficulty, while the singing is categorized by vocal technique. I don't know any of the info concerning end-date with the OI, but the Vocal's subbing ends at the end of this month, and judging begins.

I'd imagine that the OI ends before the end of the month, though, lemmie dig up that info.

Gonna go C/P this to my notepad and grab some URLs for the contest threads.

EDIT: Links!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447291

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27351959#post27351959
Last edited by L2112Lif at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by L2112Lif
Okay, there are two that I know are running ATM (I haven't followed the Pit's constant stream of guitar contests)

There's one open-instrument (OI) contest, and one vocal contest. The OI is categorized by difficulty, while the singing is categorized by vocal technique. I don't know any of the info concerning end-date with the OI, but the Vocal's subbing ends at the end of this month, and judging begins.

I'd imagine that the OI ends before the end of the month, though, lemmie dig up that info.

Fantastic. It'll be a while before we're ready for the next issue, but this might be handy stuff.
Quote by Colohue

coincidentally, i'm planning a contest, i could do an article on it next issue or the issue after that, whenever it's ready.
*your ad here*
If anyone wants to become a contest liaison, then that would be great. Otherwise, I'll scour the various subforums.

I'm currently rebooting the sign-up thread.
Quote by element4433
Stuckied.

Fantastic, thank you.
i'm participating in the two contests L2112Lif mentioned, so maybe i can help with an article on those? though i'm not much of a writer, but i'll do what i can.
*your ad here*
Quote by theogonia777
i'm participating in the two contests L2112Lif mentioned, so maybe i can help with an article on those? though i'm not much of a writer, but i'll do what i can.

All else fails just jot down some bullet points and I can fancify it.
This is a top idea I have contributed to the next one.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Awesome work, guys
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by Spaz91
I'll contribute to bass thingynesswhatever. Though I've no idea what/how to contribute. Reading through the issue posted maybe an advice article on "how to start playing bass guitar", choosing, buying, playing, approach, etc. Is that the sort of thing?
Quote by seeneyj
This is a top idea I have contributed to the next one.

Invites sent.
Quote by jetfuel495
I got 99 problems and they all bitches. What am I doing wrong? Also, if there was a TLC match in hell with Macho Man, Chris Benoit, and Eddie Guerrero, Benoit would win for sure, right? I mean, Macho Man would have totally won back in the day, but let's face it, he was getting old and fat. Benoit was still pumping roids when he died.

lol'd
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by L2112Lif

EDIT: Links!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447291

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27351959#post27351959

There's also the Mixing contest. Should be on the front page of the Pit.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Great work, everyone. This issue looked so much better, visually, but was just as great, content-wise, as the last. Now that I know I don't have cancer (don't ask), I can get back to writing.
Awesome, glad it wasn't delayed too long.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Cool articles, everything is super nice and polished
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Page 1 of 2