Hey everyone, my band is trying to record but we can't seem to figure out how to track the drums separately. We have all the mics, a Behringer mixer, a Toneport, and recording software but so far all we know how to do is plug all the mics into the mixer, send that to the Toneport, and plugging that into the computer, which only gives us two tracks in the recording software. We'd like to get it where each mic has its own track in the software so we can turn up/down drums as we need to because it's near impossible for us to get it perfect on the mixer before recording. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Play to a click track, turn all the channels down but the one you are trying to capture and have the person play the song for each instrument
Quote by Kyleisthename
Play to a click track, turn all the channels down but the one you are trying to capture and have the person play the song for each instrument

this is the only way you will be able to do it, unless you get a recording interface with more inputs.

Basicly you the drummer will have to play the song exactly in tempo 5+ times in full. and only 1 drum at a time will be tracked.
Thanks guys. What interface would you recommend to do this? It's not a super big deal that we can achieve this, just that we'd get way better quality while cutting down the time and frustration it'd take with what we have now.
Might be best to get the drums tracked at a studio then record guitars and stuff at home. Might be worth a shot with a new interface but i'd go with studio tracked drums
Quote by Demolisha
Thanks guys. What interface would you recommend to do this? It's not a super big deal that we can achieve this, just that we'd get way better quality while cutting down the time and frustration it'd take with what we have now.

This may suit your needs depending on how many inputs you need
http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/presonus-firestudio-project-recording-interface
I leik music