Hey guys and gals.
I haven't logged on to this for a long time.
About 4-5 years to give a rough estimate.

Anyway.

I'm starting up a blogger site in hopes of spreading the DIY ethic/lifestyle.

For those who know what DIY is follow this link and please participate and help rehabilitate what is in my opinion, a dying art form.

http://diynoisemilitant.blogspot.com/

For those who don't know what DIY means. Read along some more.

DIY stands for Do It Yourself.

There are literally hundreds of variations on how you can "Do It Yourself"
Now don't jump ahead and be the first smart ass to say "lolz yea, i really likes to DO IT myself lolz"

In this retrospect. I'm talking about performers and artists who look beyond the typical MTV Fantasy. For people who don't know exactly what it's like to play on stage or don't have the money to spend at a recording studio.

For people who think that being famous and making it big essentially involves being loved and adored by millions of fans worldwide and scoring huge paychecks.

Let's be realistic. There's a good chance that you may think you're the worlds next guitar hero when in reality you won't be.

For those who won't be, but truly have a desire to make something of their dreams and passion is where the DIY ethic and lifestyle comes in.

For more info please don't hesitate to follow the link and shoot me an email.

http://diynoisemilitant.blogspot.com/
Ed!!!
Oh yes! A shameless promotion thread! www.foreverroad.com
Bio is on the website
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
you liar!

your contributions to the site are dated from:

01. Infest: Feeling Mean [348] 31/05/2010
02. Kiss: Lick It Up [7345] [4] 09/01/2006
03. Los Crudos: Assesinos [113] 26/03/2009
04. Los Crudos: Cipayos Traidores Y Vendidos [67] 24/06/2009
05. Los Crudos: Corrido Jodido [737] 19/06/2009
06. Los Crudos: Eliminacion [37] 24/06/2009
07. Los Crudos: Las Madres Lloran [156] 19/06/2009
08. Los Crudos: Levantate [83] 19/06/2009
09. Los Crudos: Thats Right Were That Spic Band [155] 19/06/2009
10. Misfits: Attitude [586] 15/07/2008

4-5 years my ass
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
you liar!

your contributions to the site are dated from:

01. Infest: Feeling Mean [348] 31/05/2010
02. Kiss: Lick It Up [7345] [4] 09/01/2006
03. Los Crudos: Assesinos [113] 26/03/2009
04. Los Crudos: Cipayos Traidores Y Vendidos [67] 24/06/2009
05. Los Crudos: Corrido Jodido [737] 19/06/2009
06. Los Crudos: Eliminacion [37] 24/06/2009
07. Los Crudos: Las Madres Lloran [156] 19/06/2009
08. Los Crudos: Levantate [83] 19/06/2009
09. Los Crudos: Thats Right Were That Spic Band [155] 19/06/2009
10. Misfits: Attitude [586] 15/07/2008

4-5 years my ass

HEY! He's a great big phony!
death metal duo :P it's me on vocals, guitar, & bass and my friend on keyboards/effects, drum programming, some guitar, and backup vocals.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
my bands are all kind of obscure. so obscure, i'm the only one that knows most of them. and the rest don't have any other members or recordings. talk about underground.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Right now its just kind of a cover band with me on lead guitar and my friend on drums. We don't really have a set singer, but a guy I know volunteered for it so we'll see where that goes.
Oh yea... And we can never find a bass player...

Back in December, we had a singer who had a great stage presence, but little talent, which was really quite disappointing. The other guitarist had really no chops and was kind of a douche, but he did the job. And we still had no bassist and the same drummer.
Im in a band with 3 other guys and it's all talk, actually Im in a lot of those.
you're a stone fox
Welp, let's see. We're two multi-instrumentalists who lack the ability to write a song over 3 minutes long and also both suck at singing. We write general ideas for songs by ourselves, then meet up, jam, and complete the song. Then I record us with low budget equipment and attempt to make us sound like we spent more than $100 on any of our mics.
Remember, if you guys would like to be featured on the blog, send me an email.
My email address is on the blog site.

It doesn't matter what music you play, as long as it's all done with your own blood sweat and tears.

I don't log on to this site so much anymore. I'll reiterate that it's been a long time that I haven't been on this site (4-5 years) not including the 10 minute log ins where I submitted a tab. As the oh-so-clever-JIMMYBANKS6 noted.
Ed!!!
A trio (desperately looking for twice as many musicians), soon to be a duo as my bassist seems to have no problem telling me in my face that he hates my favorite music (which is exactly what we play. Yes, I know that that is contradictory). Plus, he's started taking drugs and frankly, I am strongly against them. We play glam rock, which apparently "sucks because glam rockers dress funny" - Many Trolling Musicians (see sig). We are influenced heavily by blues, classic rock and hair bands from the 80s. Not too poppy, yet not too heavy.

We aren't doing much lately as we are pretty much all busy with schoolwork. I'm the main songwriter, but nothing I write is satisfying (or resembles too much an existing song), therefore we don't have much to perform (other than covers). For some reason, it is easier for me to write an entire jazz, ballad or funk-metal (among other genres) song with no vocals (not talking about lyrics, but vocals) than to write a simple four minute song that anyone can sing along to Pretty much all instrumental songs are for my solo stuff.

The type of song I'd like to write is a song that can be appealing to almost anybody, that is 80's rock-oriented, and that has a touch of progressive in it (like Guns N Roses, whom have songs that don't end the way they start).

Tl;dr: Not much is going on with my "band" these days.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by angryandrew
Classical songs
Yeah! That's pretty good Classical guitar is really difficult, but sooo fun to play!

*high five*

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

Quote by Wolfinator-x
Yeah! That's pretty good Classical guitar is really difficult, but sooo fun to play!

*high five*

thanks man, i appreciate it alot bud .

*blasts a high five back at wolfinator*
My band has been playing gigs for a little under a year now, we're playing a bunch of shows this summer and saving money for a studio project... we've gone into the studio once and did 4 songs in 6 hours so it's not that great.

Either way... here ya go
http://www.facebook.com/Strangleholdpa
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
constant line-up changes.

Considering contract with a certain new Sumerian band but will have to quit my band and quit university.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Yup, to follow up from my last post: it's official. We are now a two guitarist-band -_-

We-he-hell...

It's myself, the jazz-oriented prog rock writer. I write way too long of songs for the band to learn.
The rhythm guitarist. Grungy dude. Big fan of Nirvana, but has this sort of suave quality to his writing. As if in his distortion was a wink, saying "Meet me in the bedroom."
Lead guitarist. Massively talented with writing music and riffs. God awful at lyric-writing. Quite whiny in regards to his "poetry."
Drummer. Incredible marching snare. Brings an interesting influence to the music. Very good at fills.
Male Singer. God awful. I mean, really. If he stuck to his range (bass-baritone), he'd be fine, but he pushes himself quite a bit.
Female singer. Brilliantly good. Very self conscious. Sort-of dating the rhythm guitarist. Will end badly. Oy.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
You're lying. I looked on your profile, at "Posts by killer klown", and you had posts in February. Not that it's relevant, I just like pointing things like that out.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
My band is like redefining music, we're progressive speed jazz metal funk-core with blues influences, who's lyrics touch souls and solos melt faces.

LOL, nah, I play with a couple guys from my university days now and then, a psuedo-band if you will. And when I visit my sisters we jam together sometimes.
Shameless band promotion thread? Kk
>.>

Some videos, one full song, and some short samples are up now, but we do have more recorded our demos.

www.standby-band.com

Line-up includes:
Acoustic Guitar/Soprano Sax
Vocals
Electric Guitar
Drums
Bass
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Last edited by PhillyHendrix at Jun 6, 2011,
A comedy band? It's been done so many times.
BUT I DO IT ONCE MORE!

SoundCloud in the sig, facebook it and look up "The White Samoans".

Farewell, true believers!
Trent Reznor is God.

A comedy acoustic band that makes you pee a little?! Get outta town!