Since my 6505+ 112 just isn't cutting it as far as being audible in a band situation is concerned, I've realized I need to get myself a cab so I can hear myself. It's not a matter of volume; it's plenty loud enough. It's the fact that the other guitarist's 412 just pushes more air than my 1x12 can, and has speakers at torso height unlike mine which only goes right out at my feet.

So, a 2x12 cab is my best option, I think; I don't have space for a 4x12 (nor do I want to carry the thing) and I don't have the money for even the cheapest of decent ones.

I was thinking a Jet City JCA24S , since it's a $220ish cab with reasonably decent specs.

I play a combination of thrash and power metal.

I'm open to buying used, but I haven't found shit. Boston, MA.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ That.

Salem is a good haul though from Boston. NH FTW!

EDIT:

Some otha's near Boston.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/2411047369.html

Shit, get this. No doubt. Splurge a little bit. Killer Cab's. I have one. This one is probably worth at least $700 new and take a few months to order.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/msg/2422914152.html

Oh wow that guy has the Avatar and that Earcandy. I would go try them both out see which you like better. I would go with the Earcandy though.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jun 5, 2011,
That Jet City sounds like a good choice for you. That's what I was going to suggest. But if you can get the Avatar, do it.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Salem is a bit of a hike for me. Really within about a 20min radius of Arlington is key.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
This is a hell of a deal.. Yeah? http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/2422851629.html

That'd probably be worth a drive.

might be worth considering, for sure...

But, I have no personal transportation on account of not having my permit/license yet.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 5, 2011,
Quote by oneblackened

But, I have no personal transportation on account of not having my permit/license yet.

Make them. Get that $100 Avatar or this

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/msg/2422189134.html

^ Dope cabs.

I had that situation with my parents. Try and get the guy to come to you. Pay him like an extra $10 for gas or something.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by oneblackened

On account of me not having the ability to drive leaves me at my parent's whim.

Oh

Sorry, if I'd known that I would've taken that into consideration.

Still.. That'd be amazing if you could convince them. Maybe throw a little gas money their way? that's what I used to do with my grandfather before I was able to drive.

EDIT: ^ I just came across that listing, only problem is that it's unloaded..
Yeah, I noticed that too...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I think it'd be worth shooting him an E-mail, and offer him gas money to deliver. I'd personally offer up to like 20-30 bucks.. Cuz even at 130 bucks, that's a crazy good deal.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I think it'd be worth shooting him an E-mail, and offer him gas money to deliver. I'd personally offer up to like 20-30 bucks.. Cuz even at 130 bucks, that's a crazy good deal.

Then maybe buy a couple of WGS speakers and throw them in there. Even with a $100 budget for the speakers you can still get yourself some quality speakers.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by fc89konkari
Harley Benton G212 Vintage (V30s)

Can't really get those in the US, by the way...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
(Avatars rock, if you can get one of those go for it. But, if you can't) I personally have the Jet City 2x12. It's aaaaaaawesome. Sounds great, looks great, and is super durable. I've played multiple gigs with it and have nothing but good things to say about it.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
A 212 is going to be just as bad unless you get a 212 halfback or something along those lines.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Unloaded cab with Eminence Tonkerlite?

I personally don't find the Tonkerlite to be too metal oriented.

Maybe because its in my AC15, but nontheless I thinkthere would be better options for metal. Don't you think?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Get a speaker stand as well. You can get them straight or angled to help direct the projection. Even with the 2x12 you would still have the problem with it on the floor.

Hopefully we will see a NCD soon!
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^I've heard it's basically a darker V30 like in sound and you cant say a V30 is metal only, Fender's Supersonic combo uses it......

Must be just cause its in my AC15 which really won't get a metal tone. That would be interesting if I could hook up my head to the speaker in the Vox. Hmm...
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Must be just cause its in my AC15 which really won't get a metal tone. That would be interesting if I could hook up my head to the speaker in the Vox. Hmm...

I doubt an AC15 will get a metal tone of any sort x.x its brilliant at doing what it does, but metal isnt what it does.
I think at this point I might just save for the Jet City 412, which is an extra $100 but is an angled cab.

EDIT: Deal? http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/2423709261.html
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 6, 2011,
Incoming NCD probably later this week.
This: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/2423709261.html For $150.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden