So I have been playing guitar for 3 years now. I currently play an Epiphone Les Paul Special II and Line 6 Spider III. It served it purpose, but now it's time to move on to better equipment. I normally play grunge, alternative, hard rock, and a bit of metal. My budget is around $1000. What kind of guitar, amp, and pedals do you recommend? Also, I am only looking for a distortion and possibly one other pedal to play around with.
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
hmm...i would say maybe an Agile Al 3100, which are really good Les Paul copies, available on rondomusic.com, There are a lot of amps that would work well for those genres so ill let others recommend those, but if i had to pick up some pedals i would advise a good delay pedal and a cheapish chorus pedal. Just my advise. I really think a Les Paul of some sort would work well for what you play. I would put a lot of the budget into a good amp though. Dont worry about buying a distortion pedal. if you get a good amp you wont need it
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
id try the Jackson neck before you buy it. I hate compound radius necks. Also, i was trying to avoid guitars with EMGs since you only play a bit of metal. I still say a Les Paul would do you well. I also say the 6505 would be a little overkill. I would say a good 2 channel amp with good cleans and a nice amount of gain. It doesnt seem like you need ungodly amounts honestly
Quote by shecter guy
id try the Jackson neck before you buy it. I hate compound radius necks. Also, i was trying to avoid guitars with EMGs since you only play a bit of metal. I still say a Les Paul would do you well. I also say the 6505 would be a little overkill. I would say a good 2 channel amp with good cleans and a nice amount of gain. It doesnt seem like you need ungodly amounts honestly

If you think that about the 6505 you obviously haven't tried one.
It's got 2 channels. Great cleans, once you tweak them around a bit. And you can go from AC/DC type distortion to Metallica.
There's my opinion.

Though I agree TS should try out guitars before he buys, some guitar necks might not be for him.
But yeah, check out some les pauls and Jacksons.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
not saying the 6505 wouldnt work, just saying there might be some better suited amps. Also, do you play live? if you dont and just play at home the wattage MIGHT be kinda overkill. I wasnt a fan of the clean sounds when i played it. but its more opinion i guess.