Alright so Im almost finished with installing my Duncans (first time installing PUs)

QUESTIONS:
1. The Duncan Wiring Diagram has "ground wire from bridge" going to my tone pot(with the capicator). Is this the grounding wire underneath my bridge PU ?

2. I also have grounding wires under my neck PU and my floyd rose claw. They get soldered into the grounding station (screw)?

3. Is there a grounding wire for my 3 way switch?

Im refering to this diagram via the Duncan Website:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w

any help would be greatly appreciated
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
1- nope. the wire goes to the bridge. as in, to the actual metal of the bridge. and you can ground it to any ground point really, it doesn't have to be the tone pot

2- if they're shielding then yes, they'll get grounded. if there's a similar thing in the bridge pickup cavity then it'll get grounded as well

3- depends what kind of 3 way you're using. on a toggle like the diagram shows the bigger lug opposite the main four is the grounded one. so the one on the top of the switch in the diagram you posted

also, questions like this should usually go in the wiring thread. just so you know for next time
Make sure all of those ground at your grounding screw and you should be ok. Most Jacksons are this way. They normally have a grounding junction.

No ground for your 3way switch- if it is a toggle.

Enjoy!
Last edited by R45VT at Jun 6, 2011,
thanks guys.

i finished wiring to find that the pots dont fit the volume/tone holes so tomorrow i will drill new ones and test it out. hopefully it will work. thanks again
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity