I need to buy a pickup for a new guitar, and I am putting a Pearly Gates in the neck, but i need a good pick up to really bring out the tone when needed. I was thinking a Sh- 1 '59 or a Gibson 5' custom even, what are ideas?
Last edited by DimeBagDarrellx at Jun 6, 2011,
A Ducan JB?
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
What kinda tones are you looking for?

I find the Pearly Gates to be a generally versatile neck pup, but without a reference point, I don't know what your end objective is.

Also what amp do you have? A custom hand-wound pup is not going to make any difference in tone if you're playing through an MG.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
^same as above^

What amp and genres? and what guitar/wood too? I love the sound of the Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge of my Epi Les Paul, versatile to take me from blues to hard rock to metal if i so choose (through the right amps of course, i aint doing any BR00TZ on my AC30 :P)
The JB is a pretty worthless pickup compared to most of SD's other offerings, let alone other winders.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
a dimebucker is the only answer here. clearly.

i'm surprised you even asked.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I already have a dimebucker in my Razorback Gregs, I am trying to refrain from using the same pickups because I don't like the sound really. To Kitty and Jay it would be played on a Epiphone G1275, through a Crate g120 and raven cab or a Dime Amplification set. the wood is mahogany i wanna say
just put two PGs in there.
Last edited by al112987 at Jun 6, 2011,