I'm looking forward to buy an ibanez xp300fx(my first electric guitar ) and it is made in china ...does thi mean it has a low quality?!
Not nessacarily, Ibanez are a rather reputable Japanese company.
Allot of the lower end models, any guitar company, are usually made in China, and I know Epiphone's are made in Indonesia.
You don't want an Xiphios? as your first guitar.

See that, a terrible example of shitty build quality. Has nothing to do with the fact its made in china.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Not nessacarily, Ibanez are a rather reputable Japanese company.
Allot of the lower end models, any guitar company, are usually made in China, and I know Epiphone's are made in Indonesia.
You don't want an Xiphios? as your first guitar.

See that, a terrible example of shitty build quality. Has nothing to do with the fact its made in china.

Why do u refer to it as an example of shitty quality? I didn't find any flaw... Maybe it's because I'm not experienced.
So what is it that u hate about the build quality?
Quote by truiteleague
Are you racist?!

Nope but I hear that alot concerning Guitars made in china
I believe its refering to the white fretboard binding near the neck pickup.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Steve 'O
Why do u refer to it as an example of shitty quality? I didn't find any flaw... Maybe it's because I'm not experienced.
So what is it that u hate about the build quality?

On the wood on the fretboard you can see spilt glue used to put the fretwire on.
Umm...
Although that usually doesn't get in the way of actual playing, it is a sign of poor craftsmanship.
The pickup's are terribly installed.
Maybye its just the paticular example I saw in this image but..
I wouldnt get an Xibphios? (I can't remember it dammit) as a first guitar.
Stick with a more traditional body shape, prehaps lighter, then progress to the pointy shapes later on.
METAL!
like anything some are better than others. china has come a long way in guitar making just like japan and korea before them. sure 10-12 years ago they had many quality issues but now not so much (within reason). guitars built for the big companies tend to be fairly decent and those companies have quality experts that work at the factories in china to assure this.
IMO Chineese guitars are basically crap.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
I remember my first guitar was made in China and for what it was (cheap starterpack guitar) it was great. I have also seen guitars made in Japan and America (a specific Ibanez RG Prestige and Fender Strat, respectively. I checked the serials and they were genuine) that played like turds wrapped in sandpaper.
Listen with your ears and fingers, not with your prejudices.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
my first guitar was a Fender starcaster pack
made in china
i have a fender ESS-100
made in Taiwan
Epiphone hummingbird
Indonesia

axl build kit
idk where but i had assembled it

foreign guitars are great
Quote by Ultraussie
On the wood on the fretboard you can see spilt glue used to put the fretwire on.
Umm...
Although that usually doesn't get in the way of actual playing, it is a sign of poor craftsmanship.
The pickup's are terribly installed.
Maybye its just the paticular example I saw in this image but..
I wouldnt get an Xibphios? (I can't remember it dammit) as a first guitar.
Stick with a more traditional body shape, prehaps lighter, then progress to the pointy shapes later on.

how is this terrible installation going to affect playing ?
Quote by Steve 'O
how is this terrible installation going to affect playing ?

the pickup in that picture is against the strings
which will not allow it to play good
it will buzz against the pup
Most of the 'experts' couldn't tell where a guitar was made - if it wasn't written on it

Go play it...

if it feels good to your hands
if it sounds good to your ears
if it looks good to your eyes
and
if it fits your wallet - buy it !
Quote by fenderfreak100
the pickup in that picture is against the strings
which will not allow it to play good
it will buzz against the pup

th only option left is to try it again and focus on the sound and other stuff in the guitar because the first time I played it was the first time I entered that specific store that sells ibanez. So I was trying several guitars just for fun without paying attention to the details

Thnx all for ur help
no. it doesnt. about 90% of the time it does though.

for example, DBZ guitars are made in china except their american ones. chniese are 700ish, american ones are 3000ish. they arent bad, they just arent top notch. with good quality control an asian man with less training can make a guitar pretty darn good and cheaper than a stuck up american dude who needs to get paid 50 bucks an hour or something like that.

for example - suhr has an asian line. they are 1000-1500 ish bucks their american ones are 3000-5000.

on the flip side, lots of starterguitars are made in asia and have horrid manangement and quality control. they are garbage.
Quote by truiteleague
Are you racist?!

it's nothing to do with racism.

companies get stuff made in china (and other cheap labour countries) so they can sell products at cheaper prices, and the lower cost of labour also goes hand-in-hand with lower tolerances on the machines and cheaper parts (not to mention not wanting to cannibalise the more expensive models- if the cheaper ones were as good no-one would buy the more expensive models, and the profit margins are generally much higher on higher-priced items)- it's not that chinese people can't make a good product, it's that they're not allowed to.

the chinese stuff's getting better all the time, but that still doesn't mean (apart from the odd exception where maybe something high-end is made in china) that it's as good as the high-end stuff either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 6, 2011,
Ibanez guitars are really good. They're (usually) cheap and they have pretty good quality, i know i played the S570 at a Guitar Center a few months ago and i couldnt find a single flaw with it (except POSSIBLY the pickups)
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
to all people viewing this thread if u have something to add don't hesitate
Artcore series are some of the best built guitars you can find that come from china.
China has come a long way as far as guitar production is concerned. take a look at some of Squier's recent stuff, especially their classic vibe line. Those are kick ass guitars which are IMO, better then some of the MIM Fender Standard Strats and Teles that are being made today. I have a Chinese made ESP which is a tone monster and stays in tune quite well. If you can get past what some of the tone snobs say and go and try out some of them for yourself, you'll be pleasantly surprised at some of the stuff that is coming out of China today.
Quote by Steve 'O
btw what do the terms lMO, MIM and ibby stand for ?

In my opinion

Made in Mexico

Ibanez

Quote by paruwi
Most of the 'experts' couldn't tell where a guitar was made - if it wasn't written on it

Go play it...

if it feels good to your hands
if it sounds good to your ears
if it looks good to your eyes
and
if it fits your wallet - buy it !

+1

Just play the damn thing!
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I have a G-400 that was made in China and the quality is pretty good. I have owned/own many $$$$ guitars and for the $299 price tag I belive it is the best $/quality value I have personaly come across. thats not saying it's nearly as good as my PRS, but it is made with a good degree of QC.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i turned out to be made made in indonesia..the salesman was mistaken :P
i got it for 440$ and its amazing
Quote by Steve 'O
i turned out to be made made in indonesia..the salesman was mistaken :P
i got it for 440$ and its amazing

So you bought the Ibanez Xiphos? Nice.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
When people talk about bad chinese guitars they're usually referring to the fakes that you see on Tradetang. My first guitar was a Chinese Epiphone Les Paul. It's a great instrument, with very little if any flaws, and I still use it as my main guitar today.
I've played some Chinese Epiphones that were alright. Early Chinese ones were all over the place but the more recent ones have been very nicely finished. Don't sound as good as Koreans to me but definitely feel better.

For the price you can't go wrong.

What does annoy the hell out of me is Vox amps being made in China, even the pricey handwired ones. I know the alternative is paying JMI prices, and they're no more unreliable than when they were made in Blighty, but still...
Last edited by Duv at Jul 29, 2011,